Revell Snaptite AT-AT prices?!?!???!!!!

tgreco

Sr Member
So I have one of these... and it's a big impressive model. Inaccurate, but impressive...

So I went looking on Amazon and ebay, where apparently they're going for exhorbitant prices. (the cheapest on Amazon is $299 and the most expensive was $928)

What's the deal?

Is it something worth hanging onto or trading? Was it a small run? Did it not sell, and now people are in a panic to get it now that it's not available? Is it one of those oddities that was after the prequels... and therefore not a common kit?

It is just price gouging. Look at the prices of ones that actually sold and I think you will see much lower prices. I seriously doubt anyone is paying that much for them (or at least I hope no one is). Every so often you can find one listed for a reasonable price (I'd say under $70 considering they were going for around $35 when they were in production).

I think part of the initial price glut was due to the Wizard of the Coast Star Wars min game. This is very close to the size of the AT-AT for that game, which itself is a collectible and fetching high prices. IIRC it was only a Revell of Germany release was never released by Revell of USA which makes it seem even more "rare" here in the states.

Don't pay the price trolls

On one of these forums (maybe the SSM one) someone mentioned they sent a letter/email or whatever to Revell asking them if they had plans to re-release kits like this, especially considering the prices. The response was something along the lines of be patient, we are considering it.

If enough people who want one contact Revell to let them know there is interest, it may make that prospect more of a certainty.

If they get concrete data showing people want this kit it could happen. Frankly I don;t know why they didn't go for a repop of this and the Revell Venator which also is listed for ridiculous prices over the subjects they decided to repop this coming year like the 1/109 pocket kit of the Naboo Starfighter???? seriously?

While the kit has some issues, overall, it is a great spring board to flexing those scratch building/accurizing skills and it also happens to conveniently be pretty spot on to 1/72 making it great to show along with the plethora of other 1/72 star wars kits.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, blake.. I'll definitely keep an eye out for one at a deal.. It would be great to add one to my 1/72 star wars collection.

-Kris

I recently went on the hunt for one of these and was surprised at the prices.

I found an assembled one on ebay (photo from post) bundled with a Falcon and some little Snowspeeders.

I got the lot for $40. When it arrived, there was also an 11" Stormtrooper figure that wasn't in the post.

Since it was a snap kit, it was pretty easy to break it down again.

s-l16001_zps1rhtqmic.jpg

Is that the same kit as this? http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Revell/Rev_SW_Easy-Kits_2007/Rev_SW_AT-AT_01.jpg
If so, I thought that was closer to 1/48 (supposed to be anyway)

Yes. that is the same kit.

Based on a height of 22.5 meters for an AT-AT, at 1/72 that would be about 12.3 inches or 31.25 cm. My kit measures about 12.5 to 12.75 inches tall, which at the most makes it 1/70 scale which is close enough in my book to 1/72

At one point the size of an AT-AT was considered to be somewhere around 15 meters (which would scale out to 1/48 for the Revell AT-AT). However, that figure was based on an outdated West End games RPG game or something and has been proven to be too small.

As you can see here from my desk, I think it looks very appropriately sized next to other 1/72 subjects

and here is one with a RetroSF 1/72 probe droid and speeder. The AT-ST is a micromachines one, and is a little on the smaller side for 1.72, probably closer to 1/76 or so

I just got this email from Revell about the AT-AT:

Hi,
We are looking into redoing this model. Please see our website for the latest releases.

Regards,
Ed Sexton
Revell, Inc.

Pretty exciting stuff!

-Kris

I got a response as well. I asked them specifically about the Venator and the AT-AT

The response was...

"Thanks for your suggestions, we are looking to reissuing these models"

Hopefully they do, and sooner than later would be nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks blakeh1. Those prices are pretty crazy. I think I paid $40-50 Australian for mine.
Noticed in my LHS yesterday, the Revell (Finemolds) Falcon in a new box for the bargain price of Aus$555 (approx. US$400)!!
Who do they think are buying these things?? :confused :eek

This is great news! I know many people who would love to see a Venator re-release. I'm wondering if they will make the AT-AT head more accurate. That would be the only part of the model bugging me at the moment. It can be solved using the plans from the forum but if Revell is offering to save me some work - I'll happily take the occasion. Here in Germany we have the possibility to get spare parts from Department X . So it would not be too difficult to get only the head pieces. BTW, the original retail price was 39.90 €. I got mine for 25 € (special offer price at a shop which does not exist any longer).

I know many people who would love to see a Venator re-release. I'm wondering if they will make the AT-AT head more accurate. That would be the only part of the model bugging me at the moment. It can be solved using the plans from the forum but if Revell is offering to save me some work - I'll happily take the occasion. Here in Germany we have the possibility to get spare parts from Department X . So it would not be too difficult to get only the head pieces. BTW, the original retail price was 39.90 €. I got mine for 25 € (special offer price at a shop which does not exist any longer).

Email Revell. The more concrete evidence of interest they get, the more likely we will see this happen, and hopefully sooner than later as well

As far as an upgraded head, It would be nice, but I doubt they would want to put more money into tooling. Even as is, it is fairly easy to add some armor plates

I mailed them and they sent me this reply:

Hi,
Yes we have gotten many requests for this kit. We are working on what can be done. Thanks for writing to us.

so they are aware it seems they need to make AT-AT'S soon

Wow, I didn't realize these had gotten so expensive! Just like the Republic Star Destroyer I guess. I got my AT-AT for $15 on Woot a few years back!

Looking at the AT-ATs that have actually sold in the past month, I see most have sold for less than $50

You can list it for anything you want, doen't mean anyone will buy it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back