'Game over man!' - Hudson 1:1 headsculpt.

Absolutely incredible sculpting...almost looks like an actual full head lifecast!!! :thumbsup Can't wait to see more pics!

Wow thanks!

Just finished moulding him over the weekend. Heres the progress:

mouldinghudson9.jpg

SP_A1667.jpg

SP_A1673.jpg

SP_A1679.jpg

SP_A1683.jpg

Hudsonmould12.jpg

Hudsonmould3.jpg

Hudsonmould9.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Steve.

What do you use for the glove part of the mold inside the fiberglass? Is it silicon? And what tear strength do you prefer if it is? And (last question) do you even have problems with the silicon seperating from the fiberglass?

Looking great!

-sctcarts

Thanks everyone!

sctcarts What do you use for the glove part of the mold inside the fiberglass? Is it silicon? And what tear strength do you prefer if it is? And (last question) do you even have problems with the silicon seperating from the fiberglass?

Looking great!

-sctcarts
Thanks again sctcarts. Theres no actual glove part to this mould. Because the final cast will be in silicon I had to mould it in fibreglass. So the first layer that you see in the pictures is actually gel coat, which picks up detail very well.

stonedog7563 glad to see your moulds went ok, so when will these be offered :love
Thanks stonedog7563, theres always a risk! And you can PM me for any info ;)

roboprop OMG, this is downright spooky!
Thanks for the photo comparison roboprop! :)

superjedi That's so weird how the shots of the inside of the mold look like the face is protruding outward!! :eek
Excellent likeness.
Thanks superjedi. Yeah, when you walk from one side of the room to the other it kinda looks like his head is turning and watching you! :confused

12Rogues Wow thats almost spooky!

One thing though... you have to do a Chet version. :)
Thanks 12Rogues. Man, a Chet would be very cool! :lol

Emeldahay Will you be doing a BISHOP?
Unfortunately I've only been commissioned for Hicks and Hudson :cry

Thanks again,
Steve.

Simply outstanding, Wily!

You're living proof that sculpting is not a dying art!

Props on the technique- personally I use a stipple sponge for "crows feet" and an 'orange peel' latex casting off of an actual orange for the pores on some of my work [nothing to even remotely compete to your's- you're simply far too superior to anything I've done!]

Simply magnificent- truly your detailing and capture of both subject and emotional reflection is to be commended!

Awesome sculpt! I read the thread title and for some reason I thought Hudson Hawk.... :rolleyes But when I saw the pic I was like wow, DUH. I guess I just haven't seen Aliens enough times :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back