'Game over man!' - Hudson 1:1 headsculpt.

wilysteve

Sr Member
Hi everyone. After some heavy delays I'm really excited to show you all my Hudson headsculpt. Hes gonna be finished in silicon just like my Hicks a while back, and I start moulding him tomorrow so wish me luck!!

I hope you like him and thanks for looking :thumbsup

Afirmative52.jpg

Afirmative40.jpg

Afirmative321.jpg

Afirmative314.jpg

Afirmative56.jpg

Afirmative49.jpg

Afirmative51.jpg

Afirmative212.jpg

Afirmative214.jpg

Sorry if theres too many pictures!!

Steve.

Nice! Not having ever even attempted a facial sculpt and therefore having little knowledge of technique for it, how did you get the texture of the skin? It's great!

It's interesting how you decided which facial expression to include in your sculpt. The character is so well remembered for his buffoonish arrogance and ultimate panic and naked despair... you did a good job at capturing a lot of that in your work, which is wonderful, and only makes me impatient to see him with hair and glass eyes all painted and ready for display. Will you offer these for sale? I would love to own one. Alan

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the likeness. Not as easily recognizable as the Hicks sculpt to me, but maybe hair and eyebrows will help. :confused

Thanks for the comments everyone!!

Nice! Not having ever even attempted a facial sculpt and therefore having little knowledge of technique for it, how did you get the texture of the skin? It's great!

Thats very kind sctcarts. The texture is more or less drawn on with a needle tool and then lightly brushed over with a dry brush. Sometimes I use a piece of cellophane wrap in between the tool and the clay so that the lines aren't too sharp. And the pores were just added with a pointy rubber tool and the cellophane. Give it a go!

It's interesting how you decided which facial expression to include in your sculpt. The character is so well remembered for his buffoonish arrogance and ultimate panic and naked despair... you did a good job at capturing a lot of that in your work, which is wonderful, and only makes me impatient to see him with hair and glass eyes all painted and ready for display. Will you offer these for sale? I would love to own one. Alan

Wow, thanks arc60. I was a bit dubious about the expression that my client had chosen at first, but now that its finished I can see that he made a good choice. There was alot of tension in Bills face in the screen cap that he sent me to use as my main reference and it was tricky gettin it all in there! You can PM me for any info on the bust. :)

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the likeness. Not as easily recognizable as the Hicks sculpt to me, but maybe hair and eyebrows will help. :confused

Thats ok NoHumorMan. Sometimes its hard to see the likeness without hair and stuff. I can assure you its there though, and I hope you can see it when its finished.

Man, that's incredible. It seriously looks like a life cast. He does look like a bit older version, but that's Bill alright. :thumbsup

Great sculpt :thumbsup

It looks like an older Bill, like post "Twister" older, but definitely Bill, nonetheless.

-Fred

Thanks guys! I know what you mean about the age but although I had some reference from his later years, most of the info for the lines etc. came from Aliens screen caps. So, hopefully he will look younger in silicon.

Awesome!

Could you do one at 1/6 so I could put it on my Hot Toys Hudson?

Cheers Paul. I was just thinkin now I've got the measurements for Hicks and Hudson that I could indeed scale them down someday for sixth scale sculpts. It wouldn't be for a while though I reckon. I'll let you know!

Thanks again everyone!:)

Thats ok NoHumorMan. Sometimes its hard to see the likeness without hair and stuff. I can assure you its there though, and I hope you can see it when its finished.
I'm definitely hopeful, remembering full well how your Hicks turned out.

I don't know if it's the wobbly skin texture and deep set eyes that throws the look for me... as it kinda reads as an old(er) man to my mind... but I have found that some people just look unrecognizable without hair and especially eyebrows, while others don't seem to suffer from that - weird that.

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Unbelieveably amazing.:thumbsup
Doing a likeness is hard enough but then adding the expression to it is a whole other ball game.
Well done.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back