ROTJ detonator charges

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I found this bowl at home. The dimensions are really close but to verify it's the right size, I was wondering if some one wouldn't minding to post a few dimensions off a replica they have?

I was playing Battlefront and I assumed the proximity grenades were just thermal detonators because the icon indicator was round. But I planted one with the camera angle close and sure enough it looked like a can so naturally I started looking to see if a prop kit was ever made. Now I need one!

Measurements, good close up pix.
Any company names or numbers on any of the parts?
Is the skirt actually a separate piece?
Are the base parts orange?

Yeah that estimate is a bit out of wack IMO... the bunker mines are on screen for literally 10 seconds and not really known as an 'iconic' prop.

I just searched for this thread to mention there were good pics in the Prop Store catalog.

When I was a kid, i always thought it looked like a cake icing container.:)

I would love to ID some of those greeblies :devil: like the "bumpers" *wink WINK* and the donut shaped main knob, I remember that being in a close-up shot

Also,

Such nice pics from the auction!

My guess was the lower ring was some part of a light fixture/lamp shade because of the sets of holes.. I came close in a few searches but seeing these images - the steps inside it are weird. I really want to build one of these lol. If you search for "Atomic Flying Saucer Aluminum Ceiling Light Fixture" I think you get some similar shapes, that have holes on the ring as part of the light fixtures. Some even have that slight ribbing texture.

But now.. do the holes in the base look hand drilled to anyone else? There's a lot of variation in the spacing it, doesn't seem like something that would have been a part of the original found item now that I look at it.

1596043642877.png

thd9791 The donut knob is interesting, it looks like its made out of 3 parts. A steel 'donut', an aluminum base, and a plastic gear (it almost looks like a Lego gear based on color.. it looks awfully similar to 'old grey' I'm going to go look at my parts now! Nope)
bunkerbomb.png

Auction link to the original images:

Attachments

• 1596044242872.png
    1596044242872.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I'm sure I've seen this mentioned somewhere else on here now that I'm staring at the prop, but the little greeblies on top that are the same color as the body are V2 mystery chunks. They look like they might be the same material as the main body of the prop, maybe they were cast along with the body and painted? The material for the skirt is a different color, I've got no guesses on what the original object was though.

On that note, surely this was mentioned before as well, but the rectangular silver pieces with black ends look so much like slider knobs for potentiometers (think car stereo balance/fade and mixer sliders).

Adjustments.jpg

This reminds me of the screws used on vintage computer plugs. The plugs that had one on each side of the plug you had to tighten to connect them

I'm pretty sure, the upper "donut" part is made from metal. It reminds of some kind of furniture feet, the old ones which were nailed under a table leg or something.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back