ROTJ detonator charges

limpet proto.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

I'll need to make the recess deeper to accomodate the Tonearm part.
1.jpg

I think its a furniture floor glider, like a thing you stick or nail to the legs of chairs to make them slide easier... cant find a metal one this shape though

I’ve got a theory. I do not think it is rust but the actual color of the found item. Looks like the whole part was painted silver but over time, most of it is now worn off. So it could still be a type of chair glide in a brownish plastic. And plastic would make more sense if it was a chair guide because the tend to be plastic to not scratch up floors.

Huh, I didn't even think the donut could just be painted!

And interestingly... here's a pic teecrooz posted in the V2 thread recently...
85A23DF6-E6BC-4260-B7EB-5E44B3C8202B.jpeg

Could be the original color

also now I see that BRR's cryptic messages on the 4th must have been the timestamp of the discovery of the mystery chunks :) Looking forward to the reveal!

I’ve got a theory. I do not think it is rust but the actual color of the found item. Looks like the whole part was painted silver but over time, most of it is now worn off. So it could still be a type of chair glide in a brownish plastic. And plastic would make more sense if it was a chair guide because the tend to be plastic to not scratch up floors.
optical illusions again! Really good work

I am so perplexed by the main body. It seems like a found item, an not a cast copy of a found item. And in it seems that way in each version that has been photographed. So it would seem it would be something the prop department could get a number of, not just find a one-off and copy it.

I also wonder if the fact that the main body appears to orange, if that has any clue as to its origins. Is it a piece of safety or nautical equipment? Is it part of lawn or construction equipment?

What could have possible originally fit in the center hole? Does the hole have 3 inner cog-like teeth because the part spins and it kept a rod from slipping. Just so much to consider about the details of that part.

Romans Props has the knurled square buttons on his site under parts and he calls it a “chunk’’. I found a knurled thumb screw on eBay I used on my 2-1B droid that is close.

Anyone want to cast up the V8 model part and offer them?

whats the aluminum covered rectangle black pieces? More turn table parts?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back