SNL Undercover Boss: Starkiller Base

Iron on patch:
IMG_0988.JPGIMG_0989.JPG

I used Avery Iron on transfers for dark fabric for the shoulder patches. Worked well enough, and goes on flat. But I botched the transfer a little bit so after the next con they'll get removed and replaced with better installed transfers.

I got it from China on ebay. :D

I have another on order that should be the right color. I believe with a little less on top, this is the right style of wig. Will post if the other one arrives soon (set for late March - April due to the new year celebration).

I got it from China on ebay. :D

I have another on order that should be the right color. I believe with a little less on top, this is the right style of wig. Will post if the other one arrives soon (set for late March - April due to the new year celebration).

I'll be interested to see the other wig you bought. The one I bought I'm not too excited about.

I have everything but the vest for this costume. When I saw the SNL skit I knew I had to put this together for Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience in March. I keep waiting for the vest to come back in stock and hope to get one before the convention!

I ordered my vest January 20th and received it February 8th. Even if it came back in stock you would be cutting it very close.

Will post pics of the new wig when it arrives. :)

Your Matt name tag looks silver... i think the original is gold: View attachment 589643

I would say you are incorrect due to studio lighting. A lot of reflective silver can look gold with a filter and studio lighting. I do not believe the highlights in the hair are fully there. I believe that the filter or lighting used brought out some colors on screen. If you look at the behind the scenes one, you will see quite a bit of difference (especially in colors). There are quite a few scenes that a reflection is just like a mirror (silver) and not like a gold mirror.

I went with silver on both. Minute 2:50 shows a pretty good image.

24269880800_d31623a754.jpg

Thank you! ... I could not decide it is silver or gold... so I have both :D

I would say you are incorrect due to studio lighting. A lot of reflective silver can look gold with a filter and studio lighting. I do not believe the highlights in the hair are fully there. I believe that the filter or lighting used brought out some colors on screen. If you look at the behind the scenes one, you will see quite a bit of difference (especially in colors). There are quite a few scenes that a reflection is just like a mirror (silver) and not like a gold mirror.

I went with silver on both. Minute 2:50 shows a pretty good image.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1609/24269880800_d31623a754.jpg

I'll be interested to see the other wig you bought. The one I bought I'm not too excited about.

I have everything but the vest for this costume. When I saw the SNL skit I knew I had to put this together for Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience in March. I keep waiting for the vest to come back in stock and hope to get one before the convention!

If you look at the vest description on US ebay, it says not back in stock until May 2016. You'll either need to cobble one together, or buy a substitute.

And as far as tag color, yes...it's silver. The gold tone is likely reflection from the orange vest and/or warm overhead lighting.

Looks good Matt!. Your wig is probably the most accurate in terms of style. care to share the link to it. or key words when searching?

Thanks. I searched through hundreds of wigs and I am positive I found the right style. The wig I have is ginger blonde but I found a better color (same style but it was listed after I bought this)

search terms on eBay
Butterscotch Golden short women ladies daily natural fluffy Wig FTLD167

the last code should get you right to it. They are not shipping right now but will in a few weeks after Chinese New Year.

Good deal. I was looking for something tussled up or the surfer dude style and cutting it down. Appreciate it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

For the people who have received their vest.. Is there any labeling that may give a hint to manufacturer? I'd be shocked only one eBay / surplus store in the middle of Manitoba is the only one who has these

So after getting a cammo vest with the same design from one of my fellow 501st guys I am working on my own build. you can watch the progress here http://mousecostumes.blogspot.de/2016/04/matt-technician-vest-or-orange-is-new.html but I can't make it be 1 to 1 exact as I cannot get orange sliders anywhere so I am sort of trying to work around this. I got lucky with the orange fabric from hell and found a roll remnant for super cheap, the rest of the notions I got for a good price from ebay but holy cow the amount of time it takes to make this is intense. So far I've spent around 10 hours on it and now I am about to start the pockets. Lots of fiddly sewing but now I have the main pattern.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back