Anakin Starkiller V2 Builder Pommel Question

RogueTauxsin

Howdy dudes, I just picked up an A.S. v2 Builders kit (First run, i believe) and I have a couple questions about the pommel, mostly sound venting. I want to avoid getting a machine shop to mill out material from the pommel IF POSSIBLE (Do not want to vent from the clamp), but I am having a heck of a time trying to source a spare FX or Static pommel. Does anyone either have an idea about discrete venting or a line on an extra pommel? Getting a shop to machine me a new pommel seems A.) expensive, and B.) makes me feel odd about having someone copy this design. Help me RPF, you're my only hope!
20230203_180828.jpg
20230203_174028.jpg

The only thing I would suggest is adding a series of vent holes in the section under the clamp. Since the clamp covers it anyway and you wouldn’t ruin the integrity of the pommel by adding any holes there ( as I’m sure you want it close to the movie prop) . Another thing I can suggest… on the actual prop, there is a tiny gap between the pommel and the booster. This is where the fishing line goes. You could ad 3 spaces of thin thin slots there or a series of small holes and vent there. After, cover with fishing line.

Finding a spare pommel away from its other counterparts would be difficult since most V2 runs are not interchangeable…
Just a few suggestions ;)

Soloshold sells vented pommels that I have been told fit

And this one from the custom saber shop might be adaptable for sound venting

I just talked with Halliwax, who owns all the different versions of the V2, and he confirmed that the vented pommel from Soloshold fits my sabers. Also, Soloshold has them on sale now

I just talked with Halliwax, who owns all the different versions of the V2, and he confirmed that the vented pommel from Soloshold fits my sabers. Also, Soloshold has them on sale now
The Man, The Myth, The Legend, himself! Thank you (and Halliwax) for the answer! Buying that Solo's Hold pommel right now! I can't wait to make this baby sing!

The only thing I would suggest is adding a series of vent holes in the section under the clamp. Since the clamp covers it anyway and you wouldn’t ruin the integrity of the pommel by adding any holes there ( as I’m sure you want it close to the movie prop) . Another thing I can suggest… on the actual prop, there is a tiny gap between the pommel and the booster. This is where the fishing line goes. You could ad 3 spaces of thin thin slots there or a series of small holes and vent there. After, cover with fishing line.

Finding a spare pommel away from its other counterparts would be difficult since most V2 runs are not interchangeable…
Just a few suggestions ;)
slits under the fishing line were going to be my first option, but with Anakin's Answer, i'm going to give the Solo's Hold option a shot!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back