Done / Completed Ezra SW Rebels Lightsaber...9/14 All Refunds Issued

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
9/14:
All refunds as of now have been issued.
Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.
I do have new projects coming up. Stuff no one else has done. A lot more affordable and very cool stuff.

8/28: PROJECT CANCELED
Well, my wife and I tried to make this happen six ways to Sunday and it’s just not going to be practical to do this project right now. Just not enough people have signed up and the financing we were thinking about doing is just not going to be a smart move for us. The risk is just too high. It seriously kills me to do this but I’m gonna have to cancel the project…for now. Maybe a year from now I’ll ask again but right now I just can’t make it happen. The gap is too wide for how many we have and how many we need.

First off I want to say thank you to everyone who participated. Your incredible patience was appreciated in ways I cannot express. I hope you all understand. I’m sorry to have let you down. I’m super bummed we can’t do it. I will be refunding everyone starting tomorrow in the order I received them. It’s gonna take me a few days to get them all out.

I do have other projects I want to move forward with. I’ll put up interest threads on those in the up and coming weeks.

Thanks again all for your support and your patience.
JC aka Luuke

Ezra01.pngEzra02.jpg
Or do we just call it a Blastsaber?
So, yeah. I've been working on this (cue tease photo)
Ezra.jpg

Details:
***From my research, the toy version, the one that shoots darts, is based and built from the same 3D files the show model is made. The one physically made prop on display at Disney seems to confirm that. The toy version of course has a few detail changes because of the mass toy manufacturing process. I've accounted for those changes with all the reference material I've been collecting.
***It will be finished the same way it appears on the show. As first built by (in this case) actually means weathered.
***Since we never see the clip swivel open I think keeping it in a fixed closed position will be best. It will cut down on what I have to do, helping to keep cost down.
***Room for electronics. Yes. the hilt will accommodate 1.25"x6" inside for electronics. The body of the "pistol" and emitter will have a 1.02" bore for a blade. The barrel of the pistol will be accessible so if you want to put a flasher in for a blaster effect you can.
***I have this broken down to about 15 components and almost a dozen fasteners.It's going to be complex but not impossible.
***It will be CNC machined from aluminum.
***Selector switch will rotate and click into positions.
***I have something a little extra planned to be included on this project.

PRICING
:
$515 each. Shipping $19 via USPS Large Flat Rate with Tracking and Insurance within the US. If you're international, please contact me for shipping options. This pricing is based on getting 60 units made. Hopefully all of you and more will be able to get in on this project.
$290.00
non-refundable deposit due by May 22nd. Balance due when the shop is completed with machining. I'll try to give at least two weeks notice before they're ready. Lead time for machining is 8-12 weeks.
Just to be clear that if you're payment isn't in by the 22nd, that doesn't mean you can't get in on the run. You can. I just need at least 42 people by the 22nd to get machining started.
Full payment up front or early balance payments will always be accepted.
Payments will be accepted now through Paypal at jc@bluemiragestudio.com. Do NOT send payment as a gift.
Information Required When Placing Order Through Paypal:
Your Real Name
Your Shipping Address
Your RPF Name
One last thing. I need at minimum 42 people by the 22nd to commit in order to get machining started.

The Interested List:

1. Luuke
5. DaleSabers - REFUNDED
9. Padawan311 - REFUNDED
18. jedimax - REFUNDED
20. PocketRedPanda - REFUNDED
21. Metalman - REFUNDED
34. karmajay - REFUNDED
38. xcelsior - REFUNDED
41. arcana - REFUNDED
42. sketcherdan - REFUNDED
43. Dr Jedi - REFUNDED
46. medic2410p - REFUNDED
52. propfactory - REFUNDED
53. DarkLordOfSushi - REFUNDED
57. Abner - REFUNDED
60. araru72ita - REFUNDED
61. DarkSaber88 (RSF) - REFUNDED
63. chrijack - REFUNDED
65. GeoffMartin3299 - REFUNDED
66. Hiroxxx - REFUNDED
67. ST45 - REFUNDED
68. fonzie22 (IRA) - REFUNDED
69. mmbmg653 -
REFUNDED
70. Pdrone - REFUNDED

Ezra.jpg

EzraXRay.jpg

Ezra01.png

Ezra02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ezra Star Wars Rebels Lightsaber/Blaster Project...

Already made and own one myself but pending on price count me as interested.

Re: Ezra Star Wars Rebels Lightsaber/Blaster Project...Update 12/25

Update 15/25/15:
Merry Christmas all. The basic layout of all the components is finished. I'm now working on all the shop details layouts and how everything will go together. Probably a couple more days of getting that all together then I'll send it over to the shop for pricing.

Re: Ezra Star Wars Rebels Lightsaber/Blaster Project...Update 12/25

The list is update guys. Thanks.

Re: Ezra Star Wars Rebels Lightsaber/Blaster Project...Update 12/28

Update 12/28/15:
I've been working a great many hours on this. I'm nearly complete with the assembly layouts (how it all goes together) and I've designed this so the hilt will accommodate 1.25"x6" inside for electronics. The body of the "pistol" will have a 1.02" bore for a blade. The barrel of the pistol will be accessible so if you want to put a flasher in for a blaster effect you can. I have just a couple of details to finish, then I can start the machining prints for the individual components. This is going to be an insane build but I think it'll look super sweet when it's all done.

Last edited:

Happy new year bump!

You've been added. I'll have working pics up later if anyone's interested.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back