My kind of BTTF MAG project

Yes it is. To resize apply the same factor you used for midsole. All patterns I will share are for US 8,5 (EU 42) without modify anything, just print in original scale (A4).

So based on what you said, I opened each file in Paint, then copied and pasted each part 1:1 into a new massive bitmap so that every part was not only at the same scale, but now on one bit-map to be imported into Sketch Up. Once I have traced all the parts (they will be blue when joined up correctly), I can then cut and paste them into my pattern file and scale them to fit the rest of the patterns.

attachment.php

So what I have done here is mod the front of the mid-sole to thicken up the toe tip.

Feel free to leave comment about this. Your work is awesome, but this is the one part I think could be worked to be even better. The tip of the toe tappers down on the V2 and a few have attempted to correct this on our V2 mid-soles. If I am to go and make a new rubber part, I want to correct that mistake before I start any machined pattern work.

Attachments

• Front of Mid Sole.jpg
    Front of Mid Sole.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 368
TUTO
Step 02: heel part1

I propose 2 shapes to make heel part.
The one you see on the final shoe is named "bulb" on my pattern. I used plastazote foam thickness 0,5 cm to make it.
Plastazote pic :
DSC_0880.JPG

pin pattern on plastazote, draw outlines and cut (use nail scissors help me to be more precise for curve shapes)
DSC_0864.JPGDSC_0862.JPGDSC_0865.JPG

Glue it.

DSC_0868.JPGDSC_0871.JPGDSC_0872.JPG

Smoothing edges the same way seen in first step of this tuto.
DSC_0879.JPG

Now the other shape. When I started my project, I wanted to use the same foam used for sole. But glue slittle slits of the "bulb" pattern was just a nightmare and can't be done correctly.
So I choose to apply the "heating" method using for cosplay and LARP.

pin pattern on plastazote, draw outlines and cut. Heat the piece (with heat gun or hoven) and press it on round object (yellow ball on pic). Hold it in position during a minute (with gloves).
DSC_0869.JPGDSC_0870.JPG

See difference between shapes.
DSC_0874.JPGDSC_0873.JPGDSC_0876.JPGDSC_0875.JPG

Coming soon
part 2 : the letters on heel
Step 03 : Buckle
Step 04 : coating

Last edited:
BLUE MAG...
Approved by Jedi Master!
DSC_0864.JPG
Happy new year to all of us. May the force be with you.

Last edited:
So based on what you said, I opened each file in Paint, then copied and pasted each part 1:1 into a new massive bitmap so that every part was not only at the same scale, but now on one bit-map to be imported into Sketch Up. Once I have traced all the parts (they will be blue when joined up correctly), I can then cut and paste them into my pattern file and scale them to fit the rest of the patterns.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=571877&d=1451652042

So what I have done here is mod the front of the mid-sole to thicken up the toe tip.

Feel free to leave comment about this. Your work is awesome, but this is the one part I think could be worked to be even better. The tip of the toe tappers down on the V2 and a few have attempted to correct this on our V2 mid-soles. If I am to go and make a new rubber part, I want to correct that mistake before I start any machined pattern work.

Will this be a personal thing or a run like your clear soles? I imagine making soles in different sizes would be a lot to do.

It's great! And i'm interesting by your final file.

Cool. I'll also be joining the sides and front to form one long part, so I get no seams on the texture.

- - - Updated - - -

Will this be a personal thing or a run like your clear soles? I imagine making soles in different sizes would be a lot to do.

I'll start with my size and see what happens from there.

TUTO
Step 02: heel part1

I propose 2 shapes to make heel part.
The one you see on the final shoe is named "bulb" on my pattern. I used plastazote foam thickness 0,5 cm to make it.
Plastazote pic :
View attachment 571885

pin pattern on plastazote, draw outlines and cut (use nail scissors help me to be more precise for curve shapes)
View attachment 571883View attachment 571882View attachment 571884

Glue it.

View attachment 571886View attachment 571887View attachment 571888

Smoothing edges the same way seen in first step of this tuto.
View attachment 571889

Now the other shape. When I started my project, I wanted to use the same foam used for sole. But glue slittle slits of the "bulb" pattern was just a nightmare and can't be done correctly.
So I choose to apply the "heating" method using for cosplay and LARP.

pin pattern on plastazote, draw outlines and cut. Heat the piece (with heat gun or hoven) and press it on round object (yellow ball on pic). Hold it in position during a minute (with gloves).
View attachment 571894View attachment 571895

See difference between shapes.
View attachment 571897View attachment 571896View attachment 571899View attachment 571898

Coming soon
part 2 : the letters on heel
Step 03 : Bukle
Step 04 : coating

do you find the thinner foam better than the thicker foam after heat forming?

- - - Updated - - -

BLUE MAG...
Approved by Jedi Master!
View attachment 572154
Happy new year to all of us. May the force be with you.

Great work!

For the white and blue fabric, what type is it called? its like the sports fabric isnt it?

do you find the thinner foam better than the thicker foam after heat forming?

It's just a question for tast. There pro and cons for the two. With yellow one I can a rounder shape but It's softer material. With the balck one I keep same material than sole and as strong but the shape is not very round. All depend that foam you use, softer or stronger than mine. I think for my next pair of shoes I try to make all of it with plastazote only, in differents thickness.

"For the white and blue fabric, what type is it called? its like the sports fabric isnt it?"

Yes, sport T-shirts (polyester). I don't try lycra fabric yet.
Some close up pics.
DSC_0867.JPGDSC_0869.JPGDSC_0870.JPG

Last edited:
I have a pair of scrap V2s. Would using the top white cuff work with the custom uppers? I like the white fake leather they used. A little modification might be in order, but that's what we do best lol I don't have anything on hand and I won't for another month, so I can't test anything.

It's great! And i'm interesting by your final file.

Here you go.

attachment.php

This is version 1, so feel free to critique this and I can make any required changes. Yes I did thicken up the toe on this.

EDIT: The pattern seems to be missing the small cut away part on the inside of the Heel.

Attachments

• MAG Mid Sole.jpg
    MAG Mid Sole.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Cool, thanks. What software have you used? Sketchup?

Yeah that is just Sketch Up 8 with an add on to allow me to export DXF (for laser cutting) and STL (for machine work). I had 2015 PRO for time but there was nothing it did that this free version does not.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back