Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

It could be that they created the character to show what Anakin should have been!

This is exactly what I thought when I saw him. Vader was completely evil, Kylo is still conflicted in TFA much like Anakin was. I thought Adam Driver played the role perfectly and I love the character

Personally I think the Kylo we see in the next movie will be much different.. He'll be more sure of himself once his training is complete and will have honed his skills. I feel like in this movie he is way over confident being the only force user and his rage is what gives him strength, but obviously that alone isn't enough when faced with tougher opponents. While I don't think he'll reach Vader's calm, fighting Luke with one hand personality, I do think he will be a bit more restrained.

^Yeah I wonder that as well.. He did look pretty intimidated when he realized her strength, but I could also see him being really eager to get revenge

I never thought Kylo as a weenie. He's a dark force user in transition and not even complete in his training.... and far less whiny than Anakin. The dude is very dangerous, too.

The ultimate display of his loyalty though was making a conscious decision to kill his father and advancing himself within the first order and Snoke. He seemed emotionally conflicted before doing it, but he knew it's what he had to do.

And also going back to that duel.... Kylo withstood a heck of a nasty blow by Chewie's powerful bowcaster and kept it together while pursuing Rey and Finn, and holding out in a very physical duel while bleeding out. I seriously wouldn't consider the guy to be a weenie. Young, yes. Weenie, no way.

I believe this next film we will see a far more cold and lethal Kylo Ren. Fully transformed, I wouldn't think so yet, but he will be a lot stronger and expert at his skills of controlling the force.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I should clarify, I do not view him as weak at all. I think he's a powerful character, and can deal out a hell of an ass-whooping when called for. But I could also see him being a little unsure of himself due to his struggle with the two sides of the force, and Rey showing some devastating command of a lightsaber when she calls on the force.

Yeah, but sometimes trailers showcase moments that are AWESOME moments, which would hit much better if you were seeing them for only the first time.

Classic example: Darth Maul igniting the second half of his sabrestaff. Whatever I may say about the PT, that is quite possibly one of the coolest moments in ANY of the Star Wars films. But it was spoiled in the trailer. And, for me at least, that led me to think that the entire movie would be that cool. Instead...well, you know.

Let not forget the "JOHN CONNOR IS A TERMINATOR "shot in Terminator: genisys trailer.

I...still haven't seen that one. :unsure

I didn't need to after it was spoiled in the 2nd trailer....IMO

And Trailers are where I draw the line at learning about what a movie is about...needless to say, that one makes me almost close my eyes/ears when new ones come out for fear of similar plot spoilers.

I...still haven't seen that one. :unsure

Me neither! It's weird I have no desire at all the see this film. I like my sci fi action flicks but I think I burnt out after Salvation.......now that I think about it I haven't seen the end of the Hobbit either...too much computer game CG for me :)

Yeah, but for something that was going to be on screen 1-2 seconds - it's kind of a colassal waste of time and money. There has to be some alternate angle shots they didn't use originally...

I'm pretty sure this info had come out a few weeks ago. I remember reading about it but not sure where. It was def going to be the same duel viewed from a different vantage point.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back