Maping parts for the Studio Scale SID from UFO

E=MC2

Sr Member
Ok, I need you guiro modeling parts experts to help me and Lee to identify any kit parts.
Lee, if you can please add the pictures of parts you have so for, that will be great.

SIDportsidepictoIDparts.jpg
SIDShadowpictoIDparts.jpg
HD UFO00503.jpg
HD UFO00506.jpg
HD UFO01005.jpg
HD UFO01007.jpg
HD UFO01064.jpg
HD UFO01079.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a list of kits so far that Lee has provided.
Thank you Lee !!

Airfix 1/76 Scammel
Airfix 1/76 Sherman
Revel 1/24 Gemini
Airfix Girder Bridge
Adams/LifeLike Honest John
Adams/LifeLike Tillie the toiler
Airfix 1/76 88mm
Revell 1/96th Apollo
Airfix 1/72nd B-29
Airfix footbridge

I'm working on a parts map right now.

You can add the UPC/Adams/LifeLike Long Tom to the list too
And if you want to go 'full Eaton' you'll need 2 scammels, 2 Shermans, 2 Johns, 2 Tillies, 2 88mm, 2 Apollos, 3 B-29s, and 5 (maybe 6) footbridges :)

L

While searching for the kit parts used on SID from UFO I stumbled across Revell's "Bridge Piers" from the late 60's. I don't have them on hand yet to measure, but it looks like I've found the right pieces. Does anyone know of these being used elsewhere? Or have a set that they could measure?
SID Revell Bridge Pier parts? by Lee Stringer, on Flickr

'If' they are right (I'm hopeful) then there's little need to mold really. The kit has 10 bases and 20 add-ons, 2 and 4 are needed for a SID, so there's enough in a box for 5 :)
And they aren't super hard to find, or expensive. I have a set on the way (only cost $8.99) to confirm.

Just search ebay for Revell Bridge Piers or Pillars
There were two sets last night and I found many under 'completed' so they seem to come up fairly often.

I'm also an UFO lover!!!

I loved the TV show when I was a child...

Great job guys!!!

And Merry Christmas!

While searching for the kit parts used on SID from UFO I stumbled across Revell's "Bridge Piers" from the late 60's. I don't have them on hand yet to measure, but it looks like I've found the right pieces. Does anyone know of these being used elsewhere? Or have a set that they could measure?

Hi Lee,

Yes, those are the correct parts! They're used on lots of the UFO models - the Lunar Tank, the B-142 probe, as well as Interceptor and Sky 1 cockpit window POV sets for instance.
The base plate disc is 37.7mm in diameter, and the pier sections are 18.9mm diameter around the bottom, with the overall height including 'pip' on top 16.4mm.

I have a couple of 'spares' if you'd like them :)

Keith

Thanks Keith!

That's great news.

I have a set on the way, but thanks for the offer.
Had never seen this kit tagged as one used before and just by luck found it (I was looking at/for Revell Scissors Bridge reference/parts)
:)

L

Thanks Keith!

That's great news.

I have a set on the way, but thanks for the offer.
Had never seen this kit tagged as one used before and just by luck found it (I was looking at/for Revell Scissors Bridge reference/parts)
:)

L

No problem.

By the way, you might want to add the Airfix 1/76 Tiger I, 1/76 Bren Gun Carrier, 1/24 Little Nellie, and Tamiya 1/25 Chieftain to the kit list ;)

Keith

Yeh I found a bunch of Tiger parts, not the others, off to ebay..... :-D

I'll send you me current parts map so you can point all I've missed!

Thanks,
L

Kibri made a similar product (the bridge piers) that were used on the CE3K Mothership. There's a thread here (somewhere) w/photos......

Gene

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back