Just another day at the office, cruising around in an 89 Batmobile.

Building props for display and wearing a movie costume and driving a movie car everywhere you go 24/7 is not the same thing.

Because no one comes to your house to see your display. This guy's display is, 1. mobile, 2. worth probably a lot more than yours.

This dude is killin it. Give it a rest.

...Therapy? For enjoying his work?

Do us a favor, man, keep your shaming to yourself. Giving someone a hard time for enjoying themselves while participating here is definitely the pot and the kettle.

Hmmmm...
Well, if there's one thing I've learned over the years is that outsiders to our 'fanboy/girl group' are likely to raise an eyebrow and sometimes even pass judgement on us all for collecting, wearing costumes, customizing our cars or even homes....and while that happens a lot less than it did even 5 years ago, really we all enjoy this environment in our own way and in whatever extreme makes us happy.
This fellow, Brampton Batman was very kind, respectful and just really enjoyed the whole experience of being a 'Make Believe' Batman. He's a very level headed guy and has found a way to live his dream on a daily basis. Nothing wrong with that, heck....who wouldn't want to live their dream regularly?

Isn't that really what all this boils down to? Enjoying our hobby?

Some get off on staring at their shelves full of statues and collectibles, some like to make stuff and others are all about the costumes. Store bought, home made...trade for it...whatever...all good if it makes you happy.

This guy has a working replica car and he digs dressing up. I say all the more power to him. He's having fun, no.....he's having the time of his life....and gawd bless him for it.

I'm not one to judge others' level of fandom. It might not be for me, or too outrageous for me but to judge? Nope. Whatever makes another fanboy or girl happy without hurting others is totally fine by me.

David

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back