Lightsaber help

jarradfx

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at buying a custom lightsaber. I've never bought one before but I do know a few things about them like soundboards, blade lengths and the weathering on hilts. I've heard of places such as Ultrasabers, Makoto and Saberforge. I have no intentions to buy from Saberforge due to their arrogant and disrespectful 'CEO'.

I want a standard single blade saber, still not set on blade colour though; it's a toss up between the generic red and blue (maybe green) but that's obviously a very personal preference. I really like the obsidian soundboard, I think it would really suit a red blade. Are there places which will commission fully custom hilts i.e. I design a hilt and bring it to life?

What do you guys recommend?

Thank you :)

Genesis Custom Sabers
www.genesiscustomsaber.com
Vader's Vault
www.vadersvault.com
These places do commissions of custom sabers, although they are much pricer than Ultrasabers, etc. You could use the Prizm soundboard from Placter Labs to have color mixing on your saber, meaning that you could have just about any color that you wanted on the saber. The Igniter line from Naigon's Electronic Creations do this as well.
www.plecterlabs.com
www.saberigniter.com
If you have any questions, just ask.

Last edited:
I do custom machine work...I have done work for several RPF members in the past. I have an album on my profile if you want to see samples of my work.

While I did install electronics in one of my customs a while back (which is pictured in my album), I don't really deal with them. But I can certainly machine something with room inside to accommodate electronics if you want to install that stuff yourself.

Most of the sabersmiths in the Consortium and Imperial Armory sections of the Imperial Royal Arms forum and most of the sabersmiths in the The S.A.B.E.R. GUILD: Saber Manufacturers and Cloud City\Mining Colony section of the FX-Sabers forum can build you a fully custom saber.

Thanks everyone for responding, I wasn't expecting that many :) I'll definitely look into these sites and get back to you. They all look pretty promising.

I wasn't sure where to post my question, but does anyone recognize these sabers? They have colored blades, yet look like fx models. This is from one of my friends pics on facebook. I noticed that thecustomsabershop.com sells colored blades. I'm curious if one would fit in the Force FX anakin saber that has the removable blade for display purposes.

12122828_856458267756114_304544949789214957_n.jpg

I wasn't sure where to post my question, but does anyone recognize these sabers? They have colored blades, yet look like fx models. This is from one of my friends pics on facebook. I noticed that thecustomsabershop.com sells colored blades. I'm curious if one would fit in the Force FX anakin saber that has the removable blade for display purposes.

View attachment 536960

Colored blades are readily available. Can you get a better picture of the hilts?

And no. You need a different setup to use a hollow blade.

Since you have stated that this is for the removable blade version of the Anakin lightsaber and also stated that this is for "display purposes", I don't think you need a new setup at all (that is assuming you don't want the colored blade to light up). Slide the old blade out, slide the new one in... if it will fit that is. Some of the Force FX blades are 25mm in diameter which is smaller than 1". As such, some sanding on the part of the blade that goes into the hilt may be required.

Unfortunately I don't have better pictures of the hilt. I will do measurements of the blade later and compare them to blades online. What kind of hilts are used with these colored blades?

I'll re-post this here from the post I made last night:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VadersVault does GREAT custom hilts, high end, but usually NOT canon type sabers, more customs.. (and their wait time might be long)

SaberForge,, like the visual designs.. but wouldnt purchase from him ever due to the feedback over the years (theft, no saber, wrong saber shipped, stealing of ideas/other works and other dodgy practices)

UltraSabers = never in a million+ years would they get MY money (product is below sub-par, and custom service matches their product)

TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) is a great place!.. but not a 'turn key' store.. this is where you can configure your own sabers and get the parts.. like a one stop shop with hilt parts electronics...etc..etc)

plus they have an 'awesome' MHS (Modular Hilt System) builder to play with on line before buying parts:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/mhsbuilder.php < / shameless plug > :)

MadCow: From Genesis Custom Sabers is also a very top notch place to get hilts made.. artistic, can duel with them, truly works of art.

The sound board you put in it will mean a lot as well.. as far as adding value and the effects it will have...

IMHO (and many others) PlecterLabs products are hands down the top notch in the game. (and more or less a leader for others to follow)

There are several tiers/versions of soundboards available from them (The Crystal Focus (CF) being the top tier)

this not only gives you (customizable) sounds.. but also a slew of blade effects as well.

If you are looking for a replica/canon type hilt (Luke. Obi, Vader..etc)..

Perhaps try checking out LDM (Gen. Grevious on the fx-sabers forum).. as he and Orbital Machining had a run of pretty nice run of Luke/Obi hilts available.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back