The Star Wars marketing juggernaut is in full force

JoeG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You expect certain kinds of tie-in merchandise, but creamers? Really? :lol

image002.jpg

At the store I work at the Boba Fett and Vader bottles sold out in 2 days.

There is also Campbell's soup, mac n cheese and other food items.
Oh an cereal.

I'm not surprised. The Dollar General in town has at least one poster promoting stuff and they don't even have it in stock yet.

I have a friend that sends me every Hallmark Star Wars ornament that comes out each year, and also will throw in fast food SW toys or other items she sees. I've got a couple of SW bottle openers, with a Vader helmet on one and the other has Yoda on it, along with snippets of his dialogue. Years ago, she sent me a big Pez set of about 8-10 character Pez containers. It's stuck up in the closet. And my mom's neighbor gave me little plastic SW "army men" sets last year. I don't have the heart to tell them I collect expensive props, not all the toys.

... I don't have the heart to tell them I collect expensive props, not all the toys.

Yeah that's tough. I've had to say a couple times that I really don't want all those dust catching nick knacks and crap. I softened the blow a bit by saying it was because I don't have space for them, which is true.

The power of Disney is going to be intense compared to any time Lucasfilm and Fox were promoting the films. With money oozing out their ears they're making every opportunity to push this franchise.

They have the PERFECT platform to save them lots of advertising costs already:
- Multiple networks owned to advertise on (i.e. ABC, Disney Channels)
- Advertising and selling within the Disney Store
- Disney Land/World advertising

It will cost nothing to push promotions through their own outlets, which will enable all that extra Marketing dollars to throw at the places they don't have control over.

Oh yeah. I begged my mom to buy C-3PO's cereal. She did. I ate them. They were terrible. I'm still shocked that at that young age my intense love for Star Wars was not enough to make that cereal taste good.

Oh yeah. I begged my mom to buy C-3PO's cereal. She did. I ate them. They were terrible. I'm still shocked that at that young age my intense love for Star Wars was not enough to make that cereal taste good.

I think I only ever wanted C-3POs because of the cutout cardboard mask on the back of the box ;)

I am surprised that Nestlé instead of Kelloggs has the cereal license, at least over here in Germany/Europe. I still have the Han Solo mail away premium Kelloggs cereal boxes.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back