Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

new shot of screen used prop:

sw_prop_29a-1024x768.jpg

Anyone gets any belt clips for Kylo Ren Force FX?
I have removed blade of it. However I have no belt clip...so I can not use it for cosplay.

Kylo Ren FX came to my home today...this sword is a beast.Very heavy and with great light and soundeffects.The swinging and clashing works a lot better as on my old Vader ESB FX from MR.I think the sound of the kylo is awesome...very unique and not too quiet.But I have the german version..so I cannot speak for other versions.

I like the new shots of the "hero"(could be the hero).It looks more close to the hasbro FX.

23819451hl.jpg

Last edited:
I have a great idea to mod the Hasbro FX with only 3 parts.And you must not destroy it.

This is the hasbro next to the Original Herosaber..the major problem in my eyes is that the arms are too short and too thick and the ermitter is too wide:

23835085of.jpg

So if somebody have the skills to print or build new longer arms a smaller ermitter you could put over the 3 new parts very easy without to destroy the originaldesign.
The ermitter would only be a smaller ring on the stock one.You would put over the new pats easy over the blades.
I made a simulation with my very low computerskills..but I think it would look a lot better with the updates.Space is enough on the saber because they used very thick material.Yellow is the line where the parts are attached to the saber body.The blue markings show that you can make the tubes smaller on this point.

23835196gt.jpg

I have a great idea to mod the Hasbro FX with only 3 parts.And you must not destroy it.

This is the hasbro next to the Original Herosaber..the major problem in my eyes is that the arms are too short and too thick and the ermitter is too wide:

http://up.picr.de/23835085of.jpg

So if somebody have the skills to print or build new longer arms a smaller ermitter you could put over the 3 new parts very easy without to destroy the originaldesign.
The ermitter would only be a smaller ring on the stock one.You would put over the new pats easy over the blades.
I made a simulation with my very low computerskills..but I think it would look a lot better with the updates.Space is enough on the saber because they used very thick material.Yellow is the line where the parts are attached to the saber body.The blue markings show that you can make the tubes smaller on this point.

http://up.picr.de/23835196gt.jpg

I like this idea, I think I'm gonna try this. I was gonna use aluminum that's close enough to the right dimensions and just grind and file away. Instead I'm gonna use some stainless or mild steel to get actual bluing on these. On second thought, I'll probably go with MS since working stainless can be a pain, I'll just make sure to clear coat it after bluing to keep it from rusting and discoloring.

Then I might try and shrink the middle part down, see if anyone I know can run it on a cnc, or atleast a mill. I dont see how you can make that part out of metal and not use a lathe/mill or cnc.

I´ve seen on my FX that there are metalsticks through the "arms" of the saber.So it could be very easy to remove them.But I don´t wanna destroy the saber...if its superglued...hm...:unsure

Its just pins and the smallest amount of a rubbery glue holding it on.

Heres a quick mock up of my mod. The dimensions of the saber and the thickness of the side tubes kinda make this mod a bit harder than anticipated but I think itll work out.

the proportions are looking a heck of a lot better already.

IMAG0368[1].jpg

Yeah...is this metal what you used?

Its like they don´t added the silverpainted area on the saber:

23861932lu.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks...I´ve only found steeltubes in 30mm(1,1811 inch) or 32mm(1,25984 inch) caliber.:unsure

well you need a tube with an interior diameter(ID) a little bit(.002" to .006") larger than 1.105" for a snug fit and more for a bit of room for a rubbery glue like they used originally
glue.

Still need to work on these a bit but the bluing is done and lacquered, I'm just waiting on parts I ordered to come in to finish this up. I think the proportions and the entire look of it has changed completely. It just plain looks better than it did before with the fat, stubby. badly painted side emitters/exhaust ports. Once I figure out a way to make that middle section slimmer I think it'll look even cooler.

IMAG0378[1].jpgIMAG0384.jpgIMAG0383.jpgIMAG0381.jpgIMAG0380.jpg

Before and After.
IMAG0389.jpgIMAG0387.jpg

Last edited:
What size metal tube do I need to get?

You need one with the ID (Inside Diameter) bigger than an inch, and another with an ID greater than 1.1in.

Would anyone be interested in a kit of these? I'm gonna have a bunch of leftover metal after I finish mine, since I couldn't just order a few inches of each size. I got nothing else to use these for anyway.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back