Vader's MPP shroud (update)

Re: Vader's MPP shroud

I have a Heiland which should be close enough. Once I removed all the screws from the external stuff (shroud, bulb-release etc) the guts slid right out.
Awesome! Thanks! I was afraid I'd have to pry something apart forcefully like how the rivots have to be drilled out (permanently) in order to remove the name badge.

I know the screws are probably not torqued in too hard anyway, but did you ever encounter any problems with damaged threads as a result of the surfaces having been fused together due to either corrosion or wear? They have special alloys now that never experience this, but traditional copper/steel threads are prone to this. Is anti-seize chemically inert enough to be safely used on antique metal surfaces or is it safest to go with something simple like flaxeed oil to provide lubrication?

Thanks again.

Hi everybody! It's been a while.
With Rogue One coming up in only one week, I think I got very lucky with my latest find:

PC080247.jpg

An MPP flashgun in excellent condition!
I was lucky enough to buy this in the Netherlands for an incredible price of €100
The guy I bought it from was aware of the fact that they are rare, and he even mentioned that George Lucas used it for a lightsaber and that 'weird people' buy them to build them. :D I didn't have the balls to tell him I'm one of those freaks!! Haha, I just mentioned that I collect them (which is true!).

It doesn't have the correct shroud and it has a weird and incorrect clamp, but I'm VERY HAPPY with it anyway.

Which brings me to some important information:
I've starting the production of the steel cast shrouds!

With Darth Vader coming to the screen, I thought it was about time.
I have updated the design to replicate better the rusted original which is now in Propstore's CEO Stephen Lane's Personal Collection:

- slightly larger wall thickness of the angular cut cylinder
- steel instead of aluminium (can be rusted at your preference)

I will keep you updated on the process.

Did you know that an MPP flash has a production number? I didn't. I've got #1082:

PC080259.jpg

Cheers!

Roy, awesome find! I have not seen any MPP's with the production/serial number stamped in a vertical orientation like that! The whole thing looks amazing. I have an extra shroud from this fellow in the Netherlands, if you need one before your steel shrouds are ready;)

DUDE!!! That has to one of the greatest finds for the greatest price ever! Congratulations!
& this idea hit me, just now. For those of us who are building our Vader sabers out of Heilands- using many of your amazing parts (bulb release, shrouds, T-tracks, wires, ect), have you ever thought about replicating the MPP end cap? I would buy AT LEAST 2. Just a thought.

How about an option for the ESB/ROTJ diamond knurled thumbscrew? :D

Yes, I have thought about this already and yes, I am indeed considering this.

For those of us who are building our Vader sabers out of Heilands- using many of your amazing parts (bulb release, shrouds, T-tracks, wires, ect), have you ever thought about replicating the MPP end cap.

I've been asked often, but I don't think I can do it for a decent price. You need to produce and sell many to get a return. I don't want to take the risk. Maybe Roman (his suppliers) can do it instead!

Last edited:
Roy- congrats on the purchase, glad it didn't fall into the hands of one of them weirdos!

I'm so happy to hear about the MPP shroud!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back