Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Rogue One characters can easily live on in the Han Solo movie

J

Please, let's just not. Let's let the galaxy be big, and not have everyone crossing everyone else's paths in every ******* movie. That was a big problem with the PT, in my opinion -- a fishbowl galaxy. Let's allow the Star Wars galaxy to be big enough that Han Solo would never, ever, ever cross paths with the characters from Rogue One.

I'd say there's a good chance, each Marvel film overlaps newly introduced characters

J

man i really gotta take a break from this site, reading way to much revealing stuff lol

I'd say there's a good chance, each Marvel film overlaps newly introduced characters

J

That's only because they were building up to the Avengers early on and it's also the Marvel universe, not Star Wars. In both Marvel and DC there's a lot of connectivity because in both universes they have super hero teams, so naturally they all run into each other.

How about spoiler tags when talking about Rogue One? Some of us haven't seen it yet and this is not that movie's thread.

Indeed.

"but you're not a real fan if you haven't seen the film within the first six hours of the release"
:rolleyes

Rogue One really has me concerned about the Han Solo movie. While Rogue One used mostly new characters to build upon the existing lore, there were parts of it that seemed like a fan film. Overall, the movie was amazing - but, it seemed to be paying fan service once or twice too often.

Rogue One also brought us the 1977 versions of CENSORED. Nearly perfect doubles of those character (that may or may not have dipped into the uncanny valley for some). Whereas, this Han Solo movie seems to be bringing us a Han that looks little like the Han we know and love.

I will take a real actor over those CG monstrosities any day. Literally splicing in 30 random minutes of puppy abortions would have been less tonally jarring than the CG "humans" in R1.

But I'm pretty firmly back in the "a Han Solo movie is pointless crap nostalgia stroking" camp after R1.

SPOILERS IN THE QUOTE!!!!!

I will take a real actor over those CG monstrosities any day. Literally splicing in 30 random minutes of puppy abortions would have been less tonally jarring than the CG "humans" in R1.

But I'm pretty firmly back in the "a Han Solo movie is pointless crap nostalgia stroking" camp after R1.
You seem to be in a distinct minority.

Still, the point is that the Lucasfilm/Disney put a ton of effort to create these likenesses - while skipping over what seemed to be a more rational pick in Anthony Ingruber.

I'm pretty firmly in this "Han Solo movie will make most fan movies look better."

- - - Updated - - -

How about spoiler tags when talking about Rogue One? Some of us haven't seen it yet and this is not that movie's thread.
The movie is out, this doesn't spoil any plot points. Tarkin and Leia are both in ANH, it's not unlikely they'd be represented in Rogue One.

The movie is out, this doesn't spoil any plot points. Tarkin and Leia are both in ANH, it's not unlikely they'd be represented in Rogue One.

I didn't know this. Guess I have to stay off of every forum until I see it.

Donald Glover can totally do a Lando impression. I've heard him do so deep guttural voic. Plus Landos voice isn't that difficult

I get the distinct feeling the majority here are thinking a Han Solo movie will be pirating adventures and space battles as opposed to the story that made him callous and F'all. What would be hilarious if Han's real name is Greg or something. Id accept that just to see the fan boys have a mental meltdown.

I'm just curious as to why Han Solo needs a mentor? I was hoping not to get too much backstory with this.. I just want some kind of self contained smuggling caper if we have to get a Han movie

I feel like that too but there's no hope.

We will get a full Han Solo pre-ANH biopic. In all its disappointing glory.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back