Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435
Subscribe
    4 Days Ago  Jan 12, 2017, 6:22 PM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #851

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they have in store for Woody. He's a great actor.
  2. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    4 Days Ago  Jan 12, 2017, 6:26 PM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #852

Jaitea said: View Post
    The Art of Revenge of the Sith

J
    Cool - thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 Days Ago  Jan 12, 2017, 9:42 PM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #853

batguy said: View Post
    Not surprising. Once you're a fan of the old trilogy then the 'strikes' are probably very common feelings among any age group.

I didn't mean to insult younger audiences with my comments. I just expect the teens/20s demographic to be a bit less exposed to the old trilogy on average, relative to older audiences. Older audiences have lived through several rounds of the old trilogy being in theaters, and for decades it was the only SW stuff to exist. Whereas younger people grew up with six SW movies + a TV series, and the prequels were the only SW movies to be shown in theaters during your viewing lifetime.

I'm curious, how accurate are my perceptions about teens/20s people and SW? As in, the non-rabid-SW-fans?
    You got me with the 'rabid-SW-fan' bit You're probably right about everyone else.
  4. A cunning T-800 RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    4 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 3:52 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #854

halliwax said: View Post
    i freak'n wrote woody allen... god help me
    I would have gotten kick out of seeing Woody Allen in a Star Wars film
    From
    London
    3 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 7:32 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #855

halliwax said: View Post
    i freak'n wrote woody allen... god help me
    The Terminator said: View Post

Who wouldn't pay to see that?

sleeper.jpg
  6. A cunning T-800 RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    3 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 7:40 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #856

gonk27 said: View Post
    Who wouldn't pay to see that?

sleeper.jpg
    I was more picturing his usual mumbling, stuttering and general confused act
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    3 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 7:46 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #857

The Terminator said: View Post
    He'd be more fussy than Threepio. Which I didn't previously think was possible.

The Wook
    3 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 7:55 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #858

I don't need to know everything about a characters past. I'd rather some new side stories in the Vader with new characters in that era. A lot of battles and things were going on then. It might be a good film, the Han Solo one I mean, but the actor doesn't really look the part to me.
    3 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 8:46 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #859

Jaitea said: View Post
    & George was planning on putting young Han on Kashyyyk.....continuously shrinking the Universe.....meeting Yoda FFS

Attachment 697739

J
    A little earlier for April Fools jokes, isn't it? I guess we can be grateful this insipid idea didn't make it in the films!
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    3 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 1:31 PM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #860

From
    San Diego
    3 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2017, 3:19 PM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #861

Egon Spengler said: View Post
    I don't need to know everything about a characters past. I'd rather some new side stories in the Vader with new characters in that era. A lot of battles and things were going on then. It might be a good film, the Han Solo one I mean, but the actor doesn't really look the part to me.
    I want to see Vader exterminate all the Jedi. I have read about it, seen it in comics, I want to see the live action movie treatment. If there is anyone from Disney reading these threads, make a movie about Vader kicking ass!
  12. RPF Premium Member Psab keel's Avatar
    20 Hours Ago  Jan 16, 2017, 7:42 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #862

I saw Alden in Hail Ceasar. Boring movie BTW but he was quite good for only having a smaller role. I can see why they cast him as Han. With the right costume and hair I think he can pull it off. The problem will be the script. It's going to be fan service at it's worst.
  13. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Northern England,UK
    18 Hours Ago  Jan 16, 2017, 9:17 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #863

Yeah, I watched Alden in HC and thought he was pretty good. But I also saw him in "Beautiful Creatures". I don't doubt he has some acting talent but more than anything else its his lack of physical presence that hampers him, certainly in comparisson to Ford. He must have turned in one hell of an audition to overcome that immediately obvious natural disadvantage.
    I've also read some of the comments here about Woody H. I really would urge people who might doubt his acting chops to watch some of his later stuff. He is simply brilliant in "True Detectives". And if this is going to be a lighter hearted caper type SW movie then he is pretty damn perfect as Hans older role model (just watch "Seven Psycopaths /Zombieland if you have any doubts ).
    And interestingly, physically Harrelson, though he often looks like a large powerful bloke, is just an inch or so taller than Alden. If you look at the entire cast, which is actually a pretty impressive one overall, it looks like the actors have been cast around Alden to make his height disadvantage disappear, much like they manage to do with many Tom Cruise films.
    Overall, as far as I am concerned this is a bigger risk for Disney/Lucas film than any other they might have chosen to do BUT it also has possibly one of the best chances to deliver a great fun SW movie along the lines of the best Marvel movies.
    But they really need to nail the story .A successful action movie with a good deal of comedy in it is one of the most difficult scripts to write. If they don't deliver one that is completed with strong dialogue and character moments its going to be tough to win over the older SW crowd.
    I remain hopeful though.
  14. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    17 Hours Ago  Jan 16, 2017, 10:41 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #864

He must have turned in one hell of an audition to overcome that immediately obvious natural disadvantage.
    I think they had pretty much decided on Alden before the auditioning process even started.

Overall, as far as I am concerned this is a bigger risk for Disney/Lucas film than any other they might have chosen to do BUT it also has possibly one of the best chances to deliver a great fun SW movie along the lines of the best Marvel movies.

That kind of show has become the most cookie-cutter thing on earth right now. Han Solo as a reluctant member of the Avengers? Or as Chris Pratt in GOTG? I'm completely worn out on it already.

Imagine young Han Solo with a bronze tan & big muscles, in a sleeveless shirt, with a bright-colored hot rod spaceship, saying "I live my life 1/4-parsec at a time." Same principle. I like the F&F movies and that idea still makes me cringe.

'Fast & Furious Solo' might be fun for 2 hours. There might even be room for that kind of movie somewhere in the SW universe. But it's not what I wanted for a Han solo movie. Same goes for Han & Lando & Chewie being re-imagined as Marvel-type heroes.
    Last edited by batguy; 16 Hours Ago at 10:57 AM.