Darkview, I like that gun cabin, looking awesome! And OMG, all this banter about the stains have me rolling on the floor, lol. Thx.

Don't worry... I've got it covered on Shapeways! But am having a problem... can't quite seem to get the right scale for the dried chile pepper. Their print heads don't print that fine! :) But I have been working on a few things... I made a much more accurate bunk wall then what's available... might wanna check my build log! :)

Lol, salsa stains and hyper-detail. Good stuff. Thanks for a good laugh this morning guys.

I'm currently working on my Nav chairs and noticed while pouring over reference pics that those have seat belts. It would not surprise me if the turret chairs had them, too.

Darkview, the turret 'n' chair look amazing. I love your eye for detailing.

Hi, masking model tape & paint brush for the reds & greys is my way with traditional matt humbrols. Been working lots on my full time work so not that not much done in Falcon terms... I've glued the underside magnets on the 2 landing gear covers & lve put together the revised cockpit window, it's better but needs sanding joins before oils etc... Will update Visuals soon :)

Last edited:
Sanding work on the new review of the cockpit window....it's better but needs work, using very fine sandpaper on the joins...
9533d767b9e528b68d0d7dd7cc54bd2f_zpsasgaerzm.jpg

Leaflet given in issue 40....

Last edited:
Interesting to make real panels for the cockpit underside. Weren't they just painted on on the studio model?

Issue 40...Been working on the replacement outer cockpit...
Top left the sanded joined.
Top right: black matt painted inside...( helps stop light as well as the look)
Bottom pics: new cockpit masking with Tamiya tape. Enamel matt greys used that l mixed from B&Ws.
bd3f6b4b4f2fe6909ae8778d680e3b98_zpskdyk4oxi.jpg

Worth noting this new cockpit is a bit slack fitting....if so...just add a matt black paint into the join.... After drying it tightens its connect to the main part as well as blocks light better. I'll show you what I mean after I've finished it.

Last edited:
You mentioned you are doing the panel colors by hand and not airbrushing them. Can I ask do you have a particular type of brush that works best?? I try to go with soft brushes but it's not always possible to determine which is which at the store.

Thanks

Tom

Yes I'd love to airbrush (just not due to limited space & if l got one it would have to be an expensive pro) but with a bit care and using a descent quality revell painta Luxus (3) paintbrush with matt enamels I can create just as good an effect...As long as its a half decent brush with a mask....fine!

Last edited:
The thing about my technic & the Falcon weather look system is its very forgiven with what you do as weathering....rough & ready and if you botch it you can redo ;-) Tamiya weathering Soot is heaven sent to create fades after etc...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back