That l will watch with keen interest....nervously ;-)
Well for me it will be a brain buster....but so was my hero version Aliens Pulse rifle.,building 3 guns into one...without instructions ....back in the day , no one gave you step by step instructions , as some do today.....
...but things like that , will take extensive thinking and planning and test fitting . working with metal , is also a favorite passion of mine :D , especially aluminum ....all of it will make me nervous ;) painting makes me more nervous then anything...:p

I am a huge fan of your work , love seeing your updates with painting....so many are learning , so much from you ;) , and we appreciate , the step by steps , that you have shown and help inspire as well sir :D

I am a huge fan of your work , love seeing your updates with painting....so many are learning , so much from you ;) , and we appreciate , the step by steps , that you have shown and help inspire as well sir :D

Arhh! Thanks man, we all learn from each other, appreciated!

Cheers all, Theres loads better models out there but you do your best with what you can. The oils were Brian Taylor's original idea, l just adapted the use in my own way. Its great watching the darn thing grow. I should have my dogfight turret chair finished this afternoon as I've a half day.

Last edited:
Cheers all, Theres loads better models out there but you do your best with what you can. I should have my dogfight turret chair finished this afternoon as I've a half day.

There are some guys going ape crazy on their interiors, upgrades, floor side grill lighting :wacko and God bless them all because they are awesome but the paint job on yours is among the best if not the best. That's why you have so many admirers, but it also looks like your techniques may work for dorks like me who still can't use an airbrush.

A lot of great Falcon paint jobs start of with, "Well I have been painting with an airbrush for 20 years." :( So I think everyone is excited about your paint job because it's among the best but looks doable.

At least that's it for me.

Tom

There are some guys going ape crazy on their interiors, upgrades, floor side grill lighting :wacko and God bless them all because they are awesome but the paint job on yours is among the best if not the best. That's why you have so many admirers, but it also looks like your techniques may work for dorks like me who still can't use an airbrush.

A lot of great Falcon paint jobs start of with, "Well I have been painting with an airbrush for 20 years." :( So I think everyone is excited about your paint job because it's among the best but looks doable.

At least that's it for me.

Tom
WORD ...

Out of the whole falcon project so far, I hate the ramp setup the most. So much potential just thrown out the window right there.

Part of the issue with the Falcon support framing is that it's been sectioned up for the whole subscription thing. They end up making them smaller with alot of joints.

Once the issues are done or even just far enough along I think it would be entirely possible to engineer a new continuous frame section to rework the ramp assembly and motor. Relocating the motor or coming up with some sort of alternative to clear the hallway would be ideal. The easy part would be making a new interior for the ramp area to tie into the hallway.

I'm definitely thinking about how to fix this area on my own build when I get to it. For now I'm just amassing all the parts :)

-Gary

I agree that the chopped up frame design is less than ideal, at least from the standpoint of what we would normally consider a proper armature for a studio scale model. That said DeAg has done an excellent job designing the frame sections in such a way that they can be mass produced (zinc cast) with tolerances that are not too tight, and not too loose. In many ways the engineering of a model kit can be as important as the surface details.

Agreed DaveG, Think SirCharles77's really started something now...;-) ha ha!. Looking forward to seeing some ingenious problem solving in the future Gary!!!

Out of the whole falcon project so far, I hate the ramp setup the most. So much potential just thrown out the window right there.

Part of the issue with the Falcon support framing is that it's been sectioned up for the whole subscription thing. They end up making them smaller with alot of joints.

Once the issues are done or even just far enough along I think it would be entirely possible to engineer a new continuous frame section to rework the ramp assembly and motor. Relocating the motor or coming up with some sort of alternative to clear the hallway would be ideal. The easy part would be making a new interior for the ramp area to tie into the hallway.

I'm definitely thinking about how to fix this area on my own build when I get to it. For now I'm just amassing all the parts :)

-Gary

Hey Gary... I know the feeling... I haven't even gotten the motor assembly yet, but am already working on a 3D printed alternative that will allow you to move the motor out of the way, get rid of that stupid middle of the ramp pillar, and still allow the motor and switch to work in opening the ramp the way it should without seeing the motor at all... might actually make some replacement frame supports that will move that whole thing out of the way and still provide support. Not sure yet, but it's in the works as I speak! :)

Yeah, I don't any reason why a larger replacement frame couldn't be machined out of Aluminum.

Right now I'm having all my months shipped one right after another. Five is next up for me. I just wish there was some way they could ship them all at once and get it over with :)

-Gary

Hey Gary... I know the feeling... I haven't even gotten the motor assembly yet, but am already working on a 3D printed alternative that will allow you to move the motor out of the way, get rid of that stupid middle of the ramp pillar, and still allow the motor and switch to work in opening the ramp the way it should without seeing the motor at all... might actually make some replacement frame supports that will move that whole thing out of the way and still provide support. Not sure yet, but it's in the works as I speak! :)

Yeah, I don't any reason why a larger replacement frame couldn't be machined out of Aluminum.

Right now I'm having all my months shipped one right after another. Five is next up for me. I just wish there was some way they could ship them all at once and get it over with :)

-Gary

Me either, but it's probably cheaper to print something up directly upon demand then machine 15000 little frames and hope that someone wants one.

The other option is don't have a motorised ramp and continue your excellent detailed interior
I would imagine the amount of use the motorised ramp gets will be high the first few days , and when showing friends , after that .......unless your a ramp fiend and going to sit in the dark watching it go up and down it won't have as high an interest as the fine details on this model on display will have .

What friends!!!! :) (joke). I like your train of thought Vac .I often thought that while doing the cargo....especially since its going up on the wall bracket, but least it's there and photo documented I suppose....

Anyway....here's my Han Solo dogfight chair, sorry about the Photo quality but when lve finished the whole of its cockpit Walls & will take more... I'm thinking of the lighting too. I've probs gone way over the top due to what can be seen from the window.....but what the hell. This chairs probs 3.5cm in length.... Darn better than what was given but l enjoyed beefing it up even tho my eyes hurt due to the scale...
a3cbcce4e93a06d5f811d6e39d102d98_zps7mol3syj.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back