Probe Droid, bigger, better, faster, stronger and lasts much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simplest of Armatures is in, just a 2inch diameter Alu Bar thats threaded for Panavise and 2 machine screws at each end to clamp the lower body to the upper body....very simple but rock solid and no need for fancy fuss or pretty things :), you could throw this at a wall and it would smash so I won't !!!!

The first rule of Smoking club is........

I think as I've lived with a PD for a while now and there is a huge difference between these 2 that I'm going to go full chronicles and have the missing parts added such as the extra dome detail and piping o the ankles, I've got the old Leg mount holes drilled as well as the screen ones, I want it to be a stand alone PD in a world of PD's.....then again I only no of 5 built or being built so far so come on folks get you **** together and build em......its by fay the sexiest thing there is apart from Kelly Le Brock and possibly that girl from the Fall Guy

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/saberjunky/photo 3-1_zpswkr3ik1u.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/saberjunky/photo_zps4gedpxbd.jpg

Simply fantastic!!! Love the comparison shots! :thumbsup One of my favorite robots/droids ever!

But careful with the cigarette, the Probot on the right is too young to smoke :D

Cheers bud, I'm on a go slow till work calms down but it's getting there. Hopefully we'll see a few more of these sooner than later. It's not one to sit in a box unbuilt, it's so nice to have it nearly done

- - - Updated - - -

They weren't lit cigarettes, we had a chat and I just let them hold em for a while

So our good friend Sergio made me push to get a few more bits done while waiting for the Slave stuff to land

These things, i feel burnt out already !!!!! they're not the easiest of things to build and don't like mistakes much either !!

Its really good having my V1's to compare to but I'm not using them as a guide as the V2/s have many differences that either I missed or didn't know first time around ....I would not like to do a V3 so hoping it all goes well

Ah, the modeler's angst, Guy! Really handsome work there, pal. I'm amazed you can get something like that sorted out...
Thanks for sharing.

Regards, Robert

It brings some memories back !
The legs were definitely the funnier part of the PD build for me !
Keep up the good work Guy, it looks fantastic so far, can't wait to see the paintjob !

Bit more done, still surprises me how different these are second time around, still not perfect but they are definitely a little more refined and sleeker than before, spotted so many errors in my first set and there will be errors in these as can afford to restart for tiny bits and bobs but they are def more refined, which is nice

Cheers just the claws and dampers to do now and finally I can get this build wrapped up. On a positive not I've found a Tamiya colour that I've never seen before that is an amazing base coat clout for the PD so can't wait to get it used, XF-84 Dark Iron is perfect the tone that you see under exhibit lighting and a great starting point without pre mixing as I'd done before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back