Bandai release schedule

Given that in, what, two years they've released almost as many vehicle kits as AMT did over three decades, I think they're moving at an impressive clip. I'm buying 'em as fast as my pocketbook priorities allow and I'm still behind by 2 TFA TIEs, an A-Wing, a Captain Phasma, a TIE interceptor, a BB-8, a clonetrooper, and a Battle Droid and STAP.

Right with you boss. Still finishing the snow speeder and have yet to finish Fett, then I have the 1/144 Falcon, Resistance X-Wing, X-wing, and the original TIE yet to unbox and build. Done is the Y-wing, Phasma and 3 mini Star Destroyers.

Sorry, I've been out of the Star Wars modeling circles for about 8-9 months because I've been off in Trek land. Is there an update on the 1:72 Falcon at all? Is that happening, or no?

Sorry, I've been out of the Star Wars modeling circles for about 8-9 months because I've been off in Trek land. Is there an update on the 1:72 Falcon at all? Is that happening, or no?

No word on a big Falcon. They have shown it off at a couple of shows but no word on it being a kit.

I love Star Wars and Star Trek. I just love Trek a little more.

6a00d83451da3169e201127975560128a4.jpg

Appears Bandai has abandoned doing any more 1/48 scale kits. That blows... but happiness to all the 1/72 scale builders (perhaps I should move over to the "dark side"?)

Regards, Robert

Good find. The U-Wing is with the TIE Striker at the bottom, mind you it is 1/144 scale. What I'm surprised about is the Death Star. It is definitely a difficult model to replicate in snap-together, if they make the different coloured areas separate pieces. But if it is just two half spheres, it possibly could be decals or stickers that would produce the "cityscape".The placard looks significantly different from the rest which may suggest it may not be a kit. I hope I'm wrong and I hope it isn't going to be the monstrosity that AMT//ERTL put out.

TazMan2000

- - - Updated - - -

Wait....1/6 scale?

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Appears Bandai has abandoned doing any more 1/48 scale kits.
Regards, Robert

Have they officially said that? I would think that if they ever get around to doing something like a Jedi starfighter that 1/48 would be the way to go, like with the snowspeeder.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me or does the helmet look too big for the body. It's like a really accurate trooper costume for an eight-year-old. ;)

I would prefer 1/48 or 1/35
But $160 for a 1/48 x-wing is making a Studio scale x-wing look cheap for the size and resin
I think I use to pick up fine molds x-wing for like $60

Tiny Falcon:

YowsOlF.jpg

Odd that the U-wing is missing. Between it and the TIE soda can, I would take the U-wing.

I don't get the impression that the Death Star is a kit but I don't read kanji.

uIs3e4Q.jpg

I would prefer 1/48 or 1/35
But $160 for a 1/48 x-wing is making a Studio scale x-wing look cheap for the size and resin
I think I use to pick up fine molds x-wing for like $60

I had to go back searching for what you're referring to. I don't see any mention of $160 for a 48th scale X. (Right now, the FM kit is on Amazon--yeah, still--for $81 with free shipping and the Bandai is $95 with Prime).

And even though I'm right there with you wanting larger scale kits (if Bandai does a 48th scale Y, I'd get 10 just to start off and e-bay my SS Y), but it's almost like complaining about the scale of Bandai stuff is a lot like the old complaining (pre FM) about the detail and accuracy of the old MPC/Ertl/Amt stuff. Bandai is making some money, and using a little of it to use as earplugs. They just don't care. People say it's a home market issue, but I don't care about the reason. They're stuck making these too-small-for-me kits. And when I said "I bet they come up with some larger scale stuff now", Bandai responded with 144 scale fighters! Ugh!. (Here I need to insert one of those Charlie Brown characters getting frustrated.)
Mike Todd

Whats a "Facon"?

In the shot of the U-Wing and Striker, what are the objects in front of the Striker that are black and orange?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back