The Death Star

I'm feeling (sharing) your pain!
Yeah...haha. Any idea how many actual people worked on the original and how long it took to finish?
Its one thing to do for fun and let everyone see it, but a whole other ballgame when you are on a super tight schedule with a filming crew waiting on you.

So I've been chugging away little by little over time. Most of the left side is done, just towards the back still have to do. Now on to the right side, which was not the filming side of the model, so theres not as much detail here. Also was the lit up part and therefore hard to see the lights in the real model. So some I'm having to just make up myself and make it look and match the real thing best I can. I'm happy with it so far.

So for the most part....finished. Still have the light dots on the top and bottom, then any clean up all over. But I really wanted to get done this week and have worked a lot on this thing. The left side is pretty accurate with the lights, while the right side is more based on the rest of the look. Its kinda funny looking with this many lights at once since in the movie you never see near that many lights at once.

So here is the right side of the dish.

Here is the very back side.

And the left side of the dish.

Heres an attempt to get a shot with the lights on with the "lights on".

Also, my church had a big Star Wars themed fall festival last week. So I was able to hang up all my models in a room, so was glad to let people see what I did and enjoy them.

Thank you. I enjoyed working on it and love it hanging with the blacklight on. So many more projects to work on.....these darn video games keep getting in the way from build time.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back