Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Damn, upon another listen I think you're right. It is super close. There are a number of effects on it that change the inflections a bit and draw out some depth that isn't there in the version of ROTJ I have, but I guess if anyone could do that it's Skywalker Sound.

Sorry about that. NOTHING TO SEE HERE

The VO is most definitelynot brand new, it is verbatim from RotJ. Go ahead and watch that scene again and you will see. The "you have that power too" line is said before the other lines in the RotJ, which is most likely why most people are mistaking it for brand new dialogue.

I think it's new.

He says "my sister has it" slower in ROTJ and his voice is older in the new trailer, although Mark Hamill is doing a great job of sounding like Luke, which sounds silly as he is Luke, but his voice has changed as he has aged, like everyone, but he does a great job sounding like ROTJ Luke.

And you can hear mechanical background when "my son" is said and along with the Vader breath there is a faint echo of each of Luke's words.

Listen carefully and you can hear James Earl Jones "my son"

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have to say The Vader helmet bites. It does not look like a burned ROTJ Vader helmet. It looks like a clay helmet someone squished in.

The concept art for his burned helmet looked so much cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have to say The Vader helmet bites. It does not look like a burned ROTJ Vader helmet. It looks like a clay helmet someone squished in.

The concept art for his burned helmet looked so much cooler.

I completely agree! That helmet looks to fake.

Soo I was watching the trailer for the 34th time today and I noticed something odd about the shot of R2 being "petted" by the robotic hand..

cave.jpg

A lot of people think it's a camp site/burned village on Jakku (and yes, the spelling is correct as confirmed by the Star Wars twitter page), but I think that it's a cave; as evidenced by the cave like rock formations and light coming through some sort of hole/tunnel behind the figure's head. Now, who would be sitting alone in a cave with a droid that they seem to know well? ;)

I think Chewie is just squinting, with the improvements in mask technology and digital enhancements, his face may be able to pull off a lot more movement than it used to have.

Concerning Luke's dialogue, I say it's the RotJ dialogue, but paced differently, with added effects (Maybe the made Hamill speak the same lines again and blended the old and new versions?)
And there's definitely a sort of delayed echo, but that's (and you'll read it here first!) Andy Serkis' voice like the one doing VO for the first teaser. He's completely following Hamill's dialogue but it's barely audible.

Comedy gold in the new Star Wars movie would be.... during a dogfight, Han falls over on Chewie and exclaims "I bent my Wookie!"

One little tidbit I just noticed - a still from what looks like a teeny bit later in the same shot from the trailer of our new heroes running through the desert from pursuing TIEs shows where they're actually running to - "CHEWIE GET US OUTTA HERE!" :)

So we have 2 types of TIE fighters in this trailer, the "classic" octagonal window and a narrow window, reminding a bit of Maul's Sith Infiltrator. Is the narrow window one something like an advanced TIE maybe?

tie3_horz.jpg

Also the new TIEs have silver solar panels. Pretty interesting

tie2.jpg

Maybe its the TIE from Captain Phasma, or some elite unit going rouge or what ever...just playing the speculation game here :p
Oh and look at the "Wing" mounts, heavy duty...for sure some elite unit going rouge ;)

And its really evident (what Jaitea already noticed) all the ships have "glass" canopies.

Even if it's not the take used in the final cut of Jedi (I do question some of the inflection), I'm thinking that the fact that the line in the trailer is "My father HAS it" settles the question - it's recycled dialogue, possibly an alternate take, possibly the take that appears in the film.

I guess I'm not getting the big deal about the "HAS" present-tense language (even though I agree the dialogue may well be recycled).

Luke watched Ben "die", but doesn't consider him dead or speak of him as "dead" after seeing that he "lives on" as a Force Ghost (and actually having new, meaningful interactions with him after death). Luke obviously had great love for his father at the end, and then saw that he too lives on as a Force Ghost (with Ben and Yoda) even after burning his body - so why wouldn't he continue to view his father as "still" being strong in the Force?

I think it is entirely consistent with many things we saw in ROTJ - Luke's devotion to his father, the fact that he saw that Anakin "lives on" through the Force - for Luke to still refer to his father's strength in the Force in the present tense. Heck, for all we know, he could have continued to interact with his father well after ROTJ, just as he did with Ben. (And I would love a book describing what Luke learned from speaking with Anakin post-ROTJ - given Luke's dealings with Ben "after death", there's no reason to believe he did not do the same with Anakin or Yoda post-ROTJ).

MKS

Maybe its the TIE from Captain Phasma, or some elite unit going rouge or what ever...just playing the speculation game here :p
Oh and look at the "Wing" mounts, heavy duty...for sure some elite unit going rouge ;)

And its really evident (what Jaitea already noticed) all the ships have "glass" canopies.

Or it's a TIE that can carry two people....just spitballing.;) You may recall reading about Finn and Poe's escape from the SD, this is likely it. The TIE also looks like the concept art crashed TIE.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back