Nike air mags

AndyC

So I just got some Nike air mags off eBay. Not the $7,000 ones but the ones that have the blue Nike wrote on the strap and Nike mag on the heel. Now I realize these are not accurate and what not. However I just want to wear them as is as I don't know anything about electronics, sowing, sauldering wires, or anything like that. I mean I know absolutily nothing about it and I really don't even wanna attempt it honestly and risk ruining my shoes. My question is for those who have these shows how well do they hold up "as is?" I mean can i wear these shoes like out and about and the lights and wires and things hold up or are these extremely fragile and need to be left on a shelf? I'm not gonna like play sports or go running in them just wear them around on average days doing average walking. Just curious how well they will hold up and how long the battery and lights will last. Also I've heard of a version 1 replica and a version 2 replica, how does one know which version they have?

Last edited:
So I just got some Nike air mags off eBay. Not the $7,000 ones but the ones that have the blue Nike wrote on the strap and Nike mag on the heel. Now I realize these are not accurate and what not. However I just want to wear them as is as I don't know anything about electronics, sowing, sauldering wires, or anything like that. I mean I know absolutily nothing about it and I really don't even wanna attempt it honestly and risk ruining my shoes. My question is for those who have these shows how well do they hold up "as is?" I mean can i wear these shoes like out and about and the lights and wires and things hold up or are these extremely fragile and need to be left on a shelf? I'm not gonna like play sports or go running in them just wear them around on average days doing average walking. Just curious how well they will hold up and how long the battery and lights will last. Also I've heard of a version 1 replica and a version 2 replica, how does one know which version they have?

They hold up decently as a casual pair. The electronics usually crap out after a couple weeks. And the v1 was a horrible knockoff of Markpoon's shoes. The V2 is what you have. And there is another version that is licensed by universal but they look worse than the V2s. They are called HC mags because they come from a site called halloweencostumes.

V1 compared to the V2.
10440699_10203427750442498_6777210942084370352_n.jpg

Yeah ok mine look like the V2 on the right In that picture. So pretty much a few weeks of wearing is all I'm gonna get out of the electronics? That's pretty disappointing. I know there are people here who sell the parts to make these better, but are there any members who actually convert the shoes for you? Like that I could mail these shoes to and have them converted then shipped back? I'm not overly concerned about accurate looks, I just want reliable long lasting electronics. I've watched all the video's and tutorials but I'm just not comfortable trying it myself on a $250 shoe. All I want is wearable and long lasting good reliable electronics.

Last edited:
I apologize. If it is inappropriate or wrong then it can be deleted. Sorry.

No need to apologize. Just that we currently have 2 active threads on the V2 MAGs and one on the HC MAG. There are also about a dozen other MAG threads that have died over the last few years.

If you want questions answered, you are probably best to ask them in the V2 mod thread as that gets bumped to the top about every day.

Yeah ok mine look like the V2 on the right In that picture. So pretty much a few weeks of wearing is all I'm gonna get out of the electronics? That's pretty disappointing. I know there are people here who sell the parts to make these better, but are there any members who actually convert the shoes for you? Like that I could mail these shoes to and have them converted then shipped back? I'm not overly concerned about accurate looks, I just want reliable long lasting electronics. I've watched all the video's and tutorials but I'm just not comfortable trying it myself on a $250 shoe. All I want is wearable and long lasting good reliable electronics.

I still convert the v2 from time to time. For more info send a pm.

Did we really need yet another NIKE MAG thread?

Or the 5,000 Captain America shield threads..... Or the 7,000 Iron Man suit threads.... Or the 4,000 Guardians of the Galaxy threads.... Or the 10,000 Star Wars saber threads.... Or the 10,000 Spider-Man suit threads...
Three Mag threads don't seem that bad anymore
:lol

Or the 5,000 Captain America shield threads..... Or the 7,000 Iron Man suit threads.... Or the 4,000 Guardians of the Galaxy threads.... Or the 10,000 Star Wars saber threads.... Or the 10,000 Spider-Man suit threads...
Three Mag threads don't seem that bad anymore
:lol

Fair enough :)

They hold up decently as a casual pair. The electronics usually crap out after a couple weeks. And the v1 was a horrible knockoff of Markpoon's shoes. The V2 is what you have. And there is another version that is licensed by universal but they look worse than the V2s. They are called HC mags because they come from a site called halloweencostumes.

V1 compared to the V2.
https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.n..._=1423590629_4e474cb88387ca2b36f69cc9135b3be1

Where can I get the V1's? :)

well, I've bought things from them before and they always arrived, though i havent bought anything off them for ages now

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back