ANH saber grips ends. Angled or curved?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone got a really clear picture of ANH saber grips? I can't decide if they are just cut in a straight line or slightly curved. In the famous 'Toe pic' I see a slight curve but MR seemed to go with a straight angled cut.

I doubt that all T-tracks are consistent either.
I think that most of them are straight angled cut, but not cut from the base of the T but a couple of mm higher up.

These are the best references I have for the grip ends. I agree, I think the cut starts a little above the base, with some being straighter and some being more curved.

0_n.jpg

anhluke.jpg

Since both sabers were probably prepped at the same time ... here's the T-track as seen on Vader's MPP lightsaber :

So choose either curved or angled ... but choose wisely ;)

Chaim

The problem with the Chronicles pics is that you can't trust the silhouettes of the grips. The images were trimmed by hand, and the ends of the grips could have been cut in the process.

When I built mine I chose to compromise by cutting them at an angle and then using fine grit sandpaper to give it a worn in feel slightly rounded feel

For me the toe pic shos a clearly angled grip end.
but I made both on mine, I mean, I angled them, then I papered to remove sharp residues, curved a bit and smoothed the edges for a weathered look.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back