Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Working on more props: 14 Feb - Naboo CR2 blaster & working Luke ANH stunt saber

It utilises a removable square wooden blade with two sides coated in reflective material.

I was always impressed with the simple idea creating such a cool effect. Nicely done.

I once read/heard that one of the reflective sides was not coated at the top four inches. I guess the idea was to also give it a pulsing length. Do you know if that's true?

Re: Working on more props: 14 Feb - Naboo CR2 blaster & working Luke ANH stunt saber

I really don't know. Never came across that information.

I was always impressed with the simple idea creating such a cool effect. Nicely done.

I once read/heard that one of the reflective sides was not coated at the top four inches. I guess the idea was to also give it a pulsing length. Do you know if that's true?

Re: Working on more props: 2 March - Han Solo repaired.

Finished the Frankenwork on Han Solo. Here it is in stages. Notice he's a fan of David Caradine...

han%20solo8.jpg

han%20solo9.jpg

han%20solo10.jpg

han%20solo11.jpg

han%20solo12.jpg

han%20solo13.jpg

han%20solo14.jpg

han%20solo15.jpg

han%20solo16.jpg

Project updates 8 April - C3P0, electrobinoculars, Fett jetpack and IG88 blaster.

Completed C3P0 hand. The wearable parts look so much better than the solid display hands. I trimmed the bits sticking out from the palm to better match the ANH look.
3p028.jpg

Before modification:
3p012.jpg

I installed new smaller hinges (from doll house furniture).
3p031.jpg

Shins and calves were recoated after the hinges were installed and some damage repaired.
3p029.jpg

Real cone knob also gold metalized.
3p030.jpg

Completed belly wires based on ANH Tunisia publicity photo.
3p032.jpg

Odiwan72's excellent electrobinoculars kit is now ready for paint. Big thank you to Markus and Lichtbringer for their help.
binoculars1.jpg

binoculars2.jpg

binoculars3.jpg

I etched the grid into the transparent piece.
binoculars4.jpg

Replaced the old thrusters on my Boba Fett ESB jetpack with a more accurate pair from RS Propmasters (thanks Rob!).
fett%20thrusters1.jpg

Also repaired and repainted the rocket.
fett%20thrusters2.jpg

fett%20thrusters3.jpg

fett%20thrusters4.jpg

And painted the tops of the jetpack yellow and the top of the beacon black.
fett%20thrusters5.jpg

Finally happy with the IG88 blaster underside details.
ig8812.jpg

Re: Project updates 8 April - C3P0, electrobinoculars, Fett jetpack and IG88 blaster.

I am jealous...well done Marcus! As always ;)

Just when I started with my Calico, the missus had the idea of a complete garden overhaul, so THAT is my next big project :lol

Markus

Re: Project updates 8 April - C3P0, electrobinoculars, Fett jetpack and IG88 blaster.

Nice work,man!:):thumbsup

Re: Project updates 25 April - Electrobinoculars, Fett sling blaster & Bossk blaster

Thanks to Lichtbringer, Odiwan72 and Sidewinder I was finally able to finish my electrobinoculars. I went for one of the cleaner versions that have been exhibited which are a closer match to Luke's on screen. I utilized a real counting tube/valve connector and real V8 parts and added lenses from 4x15 scopes to the eyepieces.
binoculars16.jpg

binoculars10.jpg

binoculars7.jpg

binoculars6.jpg

Weathering is based on these:
binoculars13.jpg

binoculars11.jpg

binoculars14.jpg

binoculars15.jpg

And thanks to Zombie Killer I was finally able to add the second real M38 scope to my Bossk blaster. The front nozzle is from an electric gas lighter.
schermuly13.jpg

schermuly12.jpg

schermuly11.jpg

And yet another project that's been gathering dust for years. Seeker's excellent Boba Fett sling blaster kit. I'm using as many original parts as possible.
prepro1.jpg

prepro2.jpg

Re: Project updates 25 April - Electrobinoculars, Fett sling blaster & Bossk blaster

More upgrades!

Yoda saber got an original correct Lamborghini wheel finally, plus Scott's nice grips (the old ones were too short). Still have the old oil pan which is cast from the correct part, just has slight shrinkage. Will swap it when I'm not feeling so lazy.
yodasaber19.jpg

yodasaber20.jpg

yodasaber21.jpg

yodasaber22.jpg

Finally after about six years I've put the real Ruger rear sight on my Airsoft! Took a lot of filing which had been putting me off in case I ruined it.
greedo4.jpg

greedo2.jpg

greedo3.jpg

greedo1.jpg

Still have two more parts to add but nine years on, it's nearly there!
greedo5.jpg

Upgraded my old Jango Wes Boba Fett boots to Man of War's which are by far the most accurate to date. Because of the significantly different toe shape I had to make new toe plates. The spikes (which are original vintage Michell parts) were cut at the correct angle but on my old boots they didn't point forward due to the incorrect boot shape. On these boots it's much better.
fettspikes3.jpg

fettspikes2.jpg

fettspike1.jpg

As they looked on the old boots:
boot4.jpg

Re: Project updates 3 May - Upgrades! Yoda saber, Fett boots and Greedo blaster

I love your updated parts. Was it difficult getting the to spikes cut at an angle like that?

I got a machinist to do it otherwise I would have screwed them up!
I love your updated parts. Was it difficult getting the to spikes cut at an angle like that?

I LOVE your updates Marcus!!!

They always remind me of how much I´d love to spend more time with prop-building again. Oh well...some day ;)

What are the 2 round greeblies besides of the Sec-o-mat arrow???
Didn´t know these have been identified?

Markus

Are you using for the toe spikes the same ones used for the knee? It looks like the other model? I have been out of this world a few years and I need to know if for the toe spikes they used another model than the knee...

It looka really nice BTW, and yes, MoW are the best!

Markus: That piece is resin that came with the kit.

KaanE: I am using the same spikes as the knee. I wasn't aware there were different models but there are minor differences among most of these parts. Discs and knobs of slightly varying diameters and heights etc as I understand the vintage parts were hand machined. I just looked at exhibit photos and I can't see a difference (apart from the outside left boot which looks like a replacement replica).

I'm sorry! It was my fault when I saw the picture just before the boots, I thought you used that for the boot spikes! LoL

Re: Project updates 4 May - Rebel Endor A280 blaster (Propstore version)

Another project completed: The rebel Endor A280 blaster as sold by Propstore and now in the collection of Gus Lopez. This is my favorite type of project. Years of collecting parts from various sources, some custom machined to my specs. Main contributors were Odiwan72, Sidewinder, Matsuo and Lichtbringer. Also couldn't have got it this good without the excellent Propstore photos. Great to finally see it all come together. It all started with a spare resin M16 receiver I had from Matsuo and some spare Jackal parts. Couldn't let them go to waste!

All parts before final assembly and final coat of matt black. The resin parts that would really be steel were sprayed with zinc aluminium primer and buffed to a shiny finish. That way if I do decide to weather it I just need to take some steel wool to the black paint to reveal the silver underneath.
endora28038.jpg

And here it is completed and some pictures of the original. The main differences are that mine is based on a standard M16/AR15 receiver and the original is an MGC, and my pump grip is the hero style while the original has the stunt style.
endora28024.jpg

endora28023.jpg

endora28025.jpg

endora28026.jpg

endora28027.jpg

endora28028.jpg

endora28029.jpg

endora28032.jpg

endora28033.jpg

endora28030.jpg

endora28031.jpg

endora28034.jpg

endora28035.jpg

endora28036.jpg

And displayed with my other two versions of this blaster commonly known as the Parts of Star Wars and Visual Dictionary versions.
endora28037.jpg

Last edited:

Excellent execution my friend!!!
Still trying to find a lower receiver that works with my MGC upper

Markus

Beautiful work, can you tell us how you got such a clean finish what paint did you use , thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back