New and here are some of my sculpts so far

ZealotZero

Hi all!

New to the forums but addicted to you all already. I am teaching myself maquette sculpting and came across this site via a good friend of mine who is big into star wars cosplay. Still learning and all advice is welcome!!

Attachments

• dragon1.jpg
    dragon1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 117
  • samus4.jpg
    samus4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 111
  • samus3.jpg
    samus3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 137
  • samus2.jpg
    samus2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 111
  • samus1.jpg
    samus1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 106
  • pred1.jpg
    pred1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 140
  • monster2.jpg
    monster2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 117
  • monster1.jpg
    monster1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 109
  • dragon3.jpg
    dragon3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 102
  • dragon2.jpg
    dragon2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 104
I am teaching myself to sculpt, as well. I have two pounds of Monster Clay I am practicing with. If you are interested in eventually making pieces you could sell professionally, I would recommend this one.:
51t+T-LlzRL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I am sure there are different opinions of this one, but it has some great tips for basics, and displays the simple functions of a good piece. Your work is great, already.

Also this! SDL266021887_1363097594_image1-9f7d3.jpg Steve Kiwus goes through his full wax process in the back.

I am teaching myself to sculpt, as well. I have two pounds of Monster Clay I am practicing with. If you are interested in eventually making pieces you could sell professionally, I would recommend this one.:
View attachment 380845
I am sure there are different opinions of this one, but it has some great tips for basics, and displays the simple functions of a good piece. Your work is great, already.

Thanks for all the tips and advice, I will be sure to look into these things. Believe it or not YouTube has a ton of things on it from artists that have helped me. I just kind of spend time searching. Super Sculpy Firm and Monster Clay seem to be my favorite types of clay at the moment.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back