D.C.'s Lucifer (tv series)

Don't know where this is going to go, and it is kinda formulaic with the straight cop and gifted civilian asset team-up, but it's certainly refreshing to see a show where the "asset" isn't hiding who he is and what he can do, even if people don't believe him. None of these "will his/her partner(s) find out about his powers" dramas for this show. I'm definitely staying to see how it unfolds. Plus that actor who plays Lucifer is tremendously fun to watch.

wait a minute... this is a DC series?

I never heard of this character next to superman ;o)...

Although, watching the pilot now....It doesn't bode well. I'm LIKING this show. Anything I like usually doesn't last past a season 3 and for this reason, I RARELY give new things a chance untill they've had a complete run.

Dead Like Me, Sleepy Hollow, hopefully lucifer fairs better.

just watched the repeat again. who is lucifers father? I'm assuming it's not god.

and if it IS god, I SO hope they do an episode parodying the old george burns 'oh god' movie ;o)

The ads I'm seeing for this show hit all the right notes. I'm sure I'm going to like it.

Sitting down and watching it though, that's gonna take some time! Wish I had known before the start and had preemptively recorded the episodes!

He's great. Everyone else in the show is nothing special though, at least at this point. Love that her daughter thinks he's great, but he can't stand kids. They do that very well :)

just watched the repeat again. who is Lucifer's father? I'm assuming it's not God.

and if it IS God, I SO hope they do an episode parodying the old George Burns 'Oh God' movie ;o)

Judging by the dialogue that Lucifer has with the other angel I'm guess that God is his father, maybe not in the literal sense but definitely who he is referring to when he mentions his father.

I found it kind of odd that THE Devil/Satan would be afraid of an angel. An Angel with black wings, no less......

That's why I kind of wondered if maybe he wasn't Satan himself, but a second in command devil. and hell had it's own dark angels to do it's bidding just like heaven does. hence the black wings. Either that, or these are bad ass angels...

i'm thinking more along thel ines of different segments of angels. the good, holy angels have the white wings that help people.

the guys with the black wings are the enforcers that keep evil in line.
maybe there are guys with gold wings that are in charge...

again, if this is an actual dc series, I have no knowledge of these characters so only guessing.

I've watched a few episodes now and am enjoying the series quite a bit. Unfortunately, I think it is going to become 'old' fairly quickly. Although, Castle has made it through quite a few seasons using the same kind of approach, except a writer instead of Satan. When I watched this past Monday's episode, I noticed the Jessica Biel look alike who plays the cop has some very strange eyebrows. They go out almost to her temples!

After watching all the episodes I love this show.

That being said I doubt it will last one Season with the" LAPD Civilian Advisor" schtick.

Love the show, currently wracking my brain on the coin he's always fiddling with. I've got about 95% of it worked out, but there's an engraving I can't quite read and it's driving me nuts.

It's hit a few high notes with me. Loved the idea that he's basically omnisexual, he's a complete ******* when he wants to be, and the lead actor has got some serious emoting skills.

All around, amazing show. Hope it stays around for a while.

Hydin, When (finger cross) you do a run of the coins, I'm In. And the part about him getting hurt, I think only Chloe, for some reason can hurt / harm him. What do you think is the reason behind that?

I'll keep you informed about the coins :)

I was talking to a friend of mine about that today (the injuring him thing) and it seems like she's the only one who can. My guess is, she's a nephilim. She mentions her mom is still around, but not her dad. The war in heaven would have been pointless if angels couldn't hurt each other, so if we take that idea and run with it, she's part angel.

Obviously she's not aware of it, otherwise the whole "what are you" part of the show would be kind of redundant, but it'd be an interesting idea.

Other reasons we came up with were his feelings for her are turning him more human and he's slowly going to lose his angelic badassness over the season. Love conquers all seems to be a bit on the romantic side but you can tell they are working the female audience on the show, so it makes sense in a romance novel kind of way. Hell, she's probably the first person he ever asked "Please" to in his existence, and actually meant it.

Last option was God, but a literal Deus ex machina twist like that would be a little bit crazy, even for this show.

We only see her slapping him in the trailers, so besides being the one who shot him, there's not much there to say someone else ~can't~ hurt him, but the evidence so far only points to her being able to do it. It'll make for an interesting story at the least.

Chris

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back