D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

We just watched the Flash crossover episode last night. By far the best episode of the series so far. Hopefully bringing it in line with the other CW shows will liven things up.

The CW is available in 720p HD and been since 2012. Their website offers streaming at 2100 kbps... which is subpar. Of course, it is available to buy on iTunes and Amazon and the like - which might be why they're only streaming some episodes at a lower bitrate (buy the bluray and you can stream from Ultraviolet).

Maybe it's just my cable company then. Most channels we have the regular version and way up higher in the channels is the hi-def version. CW does not have a hi-def where I am.

As for streaming, I have Netflix on my Tivo, but that's all I do as far as streaming. I have no desire to watch shows and movies on my computer. It took me 40 years to finally get something bigger than a 24 inch tv screen. No way I'm going back to watching stuff on a small screen again.

Maybe it's just my cable company then. Most channels we have the regular version and way up higher in the channels is the hi-def version. CW does not have a hi-def where I am.

As for streaming, I have Netflix on my Tivo, but that's all I do as far as streaming. I have no desire to watch shows and movies on my computer. It took me 40 years to finally get something bigger than a 24 inch tv screen. No way I'm going back to watching stuff on a small screen again.

Run an HDMI cord from your TV to your computer and use the big TV as a monitor. Problem solved.

Ha, no. I haven't played a video game since the 80s.

It's okay though. I'm not trying to start a fuss about the quality of the CW--was just making an observation.

Don't look at it as a gaming console. They are more like whole home entertainment systems. I have an X Box 1 that I have played SW Battlefront on like 10 times. But we use it a lot for my daughter who is 2. We do Netflix and Youtube Disney stuff a lot and she loves it.

Ha, no. I haven't played a video game since the 80s.

It's okay though. I'm not trying to start a fuss about the quality of the CW--was just making an observation.

To be honest, I use my Xbox One mostly for streaming video. I game on it some, but I do much more video watching.

If you need to catch up with this before the new CW seasons start, it is now on Netflix. So you can now properly binge instead of the current 2 episode a week roll out.

He's "clean shaven" in all those images. Not to the absolute bone, but he doesn't have to be. His look is ever so slightly stubbly. Whats wrong with that? Clark is capable of growing a beard...he shouldn't wear a full one normally, and he isn't.

I agree the overall "look" isn't fantastic, but I'll take it. Fingers crossed the writing on Supergirl gets a tiny bit more tolerable on the CW, if it comes into alignment with Flash - all i really care about is seeing some good story being told with Kara and Kal!

Whats your xbox name I will add you Solo

SoloLaw. Definitely add me. Happy to team up when I'm playing something another friend has!

- - - Updated - - -

He's "clean shaven" in all those images. Not to the absolute bone, but he doesn't have to be. His look is ever so slightly stubbly. Whats wrong with that? Clark is capable of growing a beard...he shouldn't wear a full one normally, and he isn't.

I agree the overall "look" isn't fantastic, but I'll take it. Fingers crossed the writing on Supergirl gets a tiny bit more tolerable on the CW, if it comes into alignment with Flash - all i really care about is seeing some good story being told with Kara and Kal!

Actually, I think he's just naturally swarthy.

He looks distinctly stubbly (like 2 o'clock shadow rather than 5 o'clock) in all the pictures except the last one.

While, yes, Clark can grow a beard, he generally remains very clean-shaven. The stubble just doesn't work for me in these pictures... which is kind of weird, because I'm usually a fan of it.

Maybe its just me, but in some of the pictures I've seen he reminds me of Ash (Bruce Campbell).
Bring on Superman vs Evil dead ;-)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back