D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

So Kara can't breath or fly in space?

Since when?

Her cousin used to end every film with a cheeky wink in orbit.

They can when it is convenient to the plot and not when it isn't. My wife and I just re-watched the whole Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and there were episodes where Superman showed up in space in a space suit and lots where he didn't. Why does he need a suit? To sell toys, of course.

I'm building the set for the new DEO Headquarters, and it's massive. Episode 1 of Season 2 starts filming tomorrow. I am extremely proud of the job that has been done by CW, and hope this has a full run.

I'm building the set for the new DEO Headquarters, and it's massive. Episode 1 of Season 2 starts filming tomorrow. I am extremely proud of the job that has been done by CW, and hope this has a full run.

You and me both. I'm just glad the VFX side didn't move up to Vancouver also.
I have a car I need to pay off. :)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tyler-hoechlin-as-superman-first-915400
'Supergirl' Unveils First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Superman

superman_and_tyler_hoechlin-credit-_dc_entertainment_and_getty_images_0.jpg

Days after star Tyler Hoechlin told fans he had a "responsibility" when it came to embodying Superman on The CW's Supergirl, the network has released a first-look image of the Teen Wolf alum donning the famed cape and tights.

Hoechlin will make his debut in Supergirl during the early episodes of the former CBS drama's sophomore season when Superman/Kal-El/Clark Kent will visit his famous sister, Kara (Melissa Benoist), in National City. Season two debuts Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. on The CW.

The Superman costume was designed by the show's costume designer, Kiersten Ronning.

"It's definitely incredibly surreal," Hoechlin told fans at Comic-Con about taking on the iconic DC Comics character. "I know the character represents so much to so many people. This is not a generational thing. This is something literally spread across so much time. There is a lot of responsibility with this character. I'm really excited. I have not tried on the suit yet. That will be a moment for sure."

Get a first-look at Hoechlin as Superman, below, and sound off on the look in the comments section.

Superman_1st_Look_Supergirl_embed.jpg

Okay, I am officially impressed.

Looks like bad photoshop to me. Maybe it's the angle or the pose, but he seems awfully thin - as if the scaled the picture too much sideways.

I don't know if he really looks the part.. but the suit isn't all that bad I guess.

I just wish the cape was full on neck based rather than two strap based..

Looking at the belts side by side, I think they should have angled superman's as well. It completely cuts of the flow of the look, especially with the detailing on the suit itself.

I think I'm liking the Superman suit. I wonder if they tried it with the red 'underpants' at any point in the design process? That might be interesting to see. Boots seem a little too armoured/robotic for my tastes, compared to the plain simplicity of Kara's.
Also, I hope the lens-flares are just for the photo, and not indicative of a change in artistic direction.

I like this Superman suit better than one they're using in the movies.

They got the S right, I wish they would've included the red shorts and worked a little more with the cape - especially where it connects to the suit, I really like the look where it fold up on the shoulders - (kinda like this or this), there are a pic or two of Cavill where they captured that look, but not enough.

The definitely should've used a bit more muscular padding for the guy.

Suit looks good, but the guy in it looks weird and he doesn't fill out the costume very well.

I feel like DC's handling of TV vs film is a huge mistake. Marvel is finally doing it right by allowing them to exist in the same universe. Even though they don't really have any major cross-overs in the shows at least if they wanted to go that route they already have it set up and cast.

I thought, give how her suit looks similar to the MoS style that they were allowing MoS to be part of the show's universe. Guess not. :(

Man, just can't buy into him as sups, reminds me of the villain from Lazytown......just not feeling it.

RobbieRotten_1024x768.jpg

That picture, his face and head look like that of Lord Farquaad from Shrek. Not trying to be critical, just.........can't..............

thSXB2E27E.jpg

I get kind of an Injustice costume vibe... Not feeling the shin guards though. But yeah it's weird, I though Tyler would put up more muscles on his frame, or at least use padding... But then again now we're used to Cavill, who definitely is the most muscular superman to ever appear on live media. And with the padding on top, the dude is tank !

I still think having Superman at all is a tactical failure for the show. If they want to make Supergirl her own hero, having Superman around just means that she has someone to lean on and it makes no sense at all that he doesn't show up whenever she's in trouble (and vice versa). And now having Supergirl in the same universe as Arrow and Flash, there's no reason why Superman and Supergirl won't show up any time they're in trouble too. Logically, it just doesn't work.

I still think having Superman at all is a tactical failure for the show. If they want to make Supergirl her own hero, having Superman around just means that she has someone to lean on and it makes no sense at all that he doesn't show up whenever she's in trouble (and vice versa). And now having Supergirl in the same universe as Arrow and Flash, there's no reason why Superman and Supergirl won't show up any time they're in trouble too. Logically, it just doesn't work.

By that logic, no heroes should have their own stand-alone comics because other heroes could come in and assist. I think this will be fine; far better than the logical gymnastics they had to do in order to keep him out of the narrative altogether.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back