Sons of guns cancelled

glunark

Sr Member
I don't know if there are any fans of the show here, but I used to enjoy it.

Could not have been more shocked as to the reason it was cancelled.

I guess at this stage they are just allegations, still if true this is absolutely horrendous.

Yeah, I used to really like the show when it was about guns, but when it became too mired in the family/relationship drama, I got a little sick of it. Also, the dad/owner had a kind of pompous way about him that I find off putting. Still, if he's innocent, I wish him well, and if he isn't, good riddance.

It was entertaining at first but it didn't take too long for it to succumb to the trap all reality shows fall into. First they started by building guns no one had EVER built before. Like the AR15/12Guage combo they called a "Master Key". Clearly, they had seen Predator too. Then it was the AK47 sniper rifle that had NEVER been done before. Ummm....Dragunov?

Then, every week, they would build some new super weapon platform for a "local law enforcement agency" that desperately needed it. I mean really? Is Louisiana the most dangerous place on Earth? Why does the Bucktussle Parrish Sheriff's Dept. need a patrol boat with dual mounted MK19 grenade launchers and an M240? Is Louisiana situated on the Mekong Delta? :facepalm

THEN, for the coupe de grace, they threw in all the pseudo drama with the tattooed biker that was apparently the only qualified gunsmith and the snaggletooth daughter dating the braindead hick employee. Top it all off with a fat, sweaty old blowhard and you've got TV gold baby!

I'll miss the show terribly. ;)

I never really got into that show. I'm more about Gun Stories. But these stories of what he allegedly did always make me sad.

While I'm somewhat sympathetic to the fans, I'm glad to see a reality show go off the air. Particularly since those damn things seem to be practically bulletproof (pun not intended).

I hope its not true, but if it isn't, that just means he isn't a monster, but still managed to raise one.

As what kind of person would make stuff like that up about their own father?

I gave up on this show after about two seasons of Kris yelling, "It's a cannon!" every other episode. I mentioned this to one of the guys I work with while I was typing it and he told me there was a story a while back about some woman claiming her grandfather had raped her, but it turned out she made it up so she could get her inheritance sooner. So, I don't much like the guy but I guess I would prefer to find out the girl's mother messed with her head than to find out Will messed with the girl.

So what new "reality" show will Discovery come up with to replace it?

Is Kris seriously making a rape accusation on Facebook written in verse? What a tool.

Here I was thinking that the show had been cancelled because they miscounted the guns again and ATF came down on whoever was still a licensed gunsmith there. The show was moderately interesting, but boy did they start making utterly ridiculous stuff. It's a wonder that the shop's still open with that many inter-personal problems and the revolving door of employees.

I don't know why this is making me so personally angry, it was just a show I watched, but I feel like he has betrayed me too.

That probably sounds stupid.

Is Kris seriously making a rape accusation on Facebook written in verse?
No, he's seriously making a rape accusation on Facebook written in verse, POORLY.

OT: I watched a half-dozen episodes of this show, until I realized it was just going to be a bunch of the same reality-show-drama-llama-schtick that's already diluting society's IQ.

And it only took about 3 episodes to make me atomic-eye-roll every time Will claimed they were doing something that had "NEVAH BIN DUN BEFOE".

This is a weird case. It'd be nice if it wasn't true but even if it it's not that's the end of his reputation. No matter how innocent you're proven it'll hang over you like a cloud. If it is true then he needs locked up for good. That said it's nice to see a reality show go off the air no matter what. I'm honestly waiting for these kinds of accusations to come out of the Honey Boo Boo show.

No, he's seriously making a rape accusation on Facebook written in verse, POORLY.

OT: I watched a half-dozen episodes of this show, until I realized it was just going to be a bunch of the same reality-show-drama-llama-schtick that's already diluting society's IQ.

And it only took about 3 episodes to make me atomic-eye-roll every time Will claimed they were doing something that had "NEVAH BIN DUN BEFOE".

It's this reason why I'm actually kinda thrilled to hear the show has been canceled. I tend to assume that reality TV shows are not informative, are totally staged, and are almost entirely about the same old "drama," just in a different setting. That kind of stuff just needs to be nuked from orbit. I have nothing against reality shows that at least sort of show what's involved in some process or which provide actual insight into something, but the "drama"-based shows? **** 'em.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back