RE-cast alert Saberforge REcast my Tfu2 Promo Saber

Oh I know. I'm just wondering how he thinks he would have a leg to stand on in court when neither of them are the rightful owners of the design. It isn't like I can sculpt a TK helmet, and then take someone to court when they recast it. I didn't have the authorization in the first place. Am I wrong here? Obviously I'm not a lawyer.

Nor did he ever claim that it was his original hilt design. What difference dose it make if the original hilt cost 99, and he heavily customized it and charged more money? I just watched how they make steering wheels for race cars- they start off as 200.00 ish products, mod them with custom electronics, paddle shifters, etc., , and make them worth thousands as well. I fail to see the issue with that

... or customizing a whole car (be it a Honda, Mercedes Benz, or whatever brand you will) for that matter....

SoloHold, I believe you should post the information you screen capped.

Saber Forge, Are you claiming to not have bought two of these items from the OP? If you have post photos of yours and his to show the differences.

:thumbsdown

Ummm ... what?
I am actually sitting in front of my PC, with a bowl of popcorn and waiting to see some facts. And knowing that it usually is not a good sign when one party starts to play the "see you at the court house" card. That usually ends with one of the parties quite quickly ending in the RPF dog house. And the wampug don´t play nice ...

- - - Updated - - -
oie_21211427a3218072.jpg

He admitted to buy not 1 but 2 from my last run, and reverse engineering them and sending them to china. People have been asking me to do another run. I spent the better part of a year dialing in that run designing the saber and machining them. Here is the message I woke up to this morning.
saberforge.jpg

Last edited:
That is utterly atrocious behaviour! Saberforge is suppost to be a business and quite frankly no business should behave in such a manner, I'm sorry but saberforge you've lost a customer. And I'm sure I'm not the only one to say that

Wow. If my experience tells me one thing, it´s that insulting is another one of those signs about a probable decline of RPF member numbers in the potentially near future. I hope you already reported this to the moderating staff.

I am sad when I see these threads. Too many people seem to think that the ends justify the means. It would seem that the motive was to produce a less expensive product with the same attributes, which is an honorable goal. I certainly couldn't afford the expensive one, though the quality may be better. This situation is no different than someone buying a licenced Iron Man helmet, modifying it and then making copies of the modified version to sell. And I have seen that done HERE. I would encourage you both to try to make peace. Some kind of settlement would be fair. A royalty or something, for using the original as a reference. I don't know what would work. But it would allow both parties to walk away happy, with their reputations intact.

Geez... he sounds like a movie villain. I'm guessing his favorite blade color is red?

Well, I won't be dealing with him for that message alone. There's a way to handle business affairs, and to act like that is completely unprofessional.

- - - Updated - - -
View attachment 366179

He admitted to buy not 1 but 2 from my last run, and reverse engineering them and sending them to china. People have been asking me to do another run. I spent the better part of a year dialing in that run designing the saber and machining them. Here is the message I woke up to this morning. http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=366169&d=1408702340&thumb=1
View attachment 366199

I'm all for competition, but saying you're going to 'destroy' someone and make things personal is very unprofessional and way, way out of line. Not someone I would want to ever do business with.

I would just rather make a superior product, albeit, slightly more expensive, but superior none the less. I don't like making sub-standard things because I see it as a colossal waste of my time. So if I'm going to take the time to build something, I'm going to make it damn near perfect and in some cases, functional. I'll have my customers and he'll have his.

Aaron, I feel for ya man. I was hoping maybe this was just a misunderstanding and that everything could be worked out. I'm guessing not by the looks of things.

I hope I never have to go through anything like this :(

Dave

For those of you who do not get why SolosHold is upset for SaberForge making a copy of his saber which, in turn is based on a design in a video game, the aesthetic is not the problem. The problem is the design of how it is constructed. SolosHold put in a year of R&D using high end CAD software, repeatedly prototyping on ultra-high end machining tools, and offered to create these items for fans at an expensive, but utterly reasonable price.

SaberForge did not say "I want to make one of these too" and design his own from scratch. If he had, I do not believe SolosHold would have a reason to be justifiably upset. instead, SaberForge purchased two of the hilts and within a few months of receiving them announced to the world that he would be making these same hilts and displayed a component schematic that is derivative of the design and construction methods used by SolosHold.

There are tons of SW hilts based on movies and games which are independently developed by different maker. I do not recall anyone complaining about that, it is the misappropriation of the way that the replica is created that is worth a fit of rage or two.

I was going to purchase blade parts, now I won't due to this unfortunate turn of events. Sorry to see this happen to you Solohold.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back