Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

Thanks Marcus!:)

I need a source for this "spring with copper" that is inside the milky white tubes.:confused

25392636za.jpg

Here the mask complete with the linkages on it:

25398572he.jpg

Last edited:
Ah thanks ,Marcus!:)

But whats the right size?:unsure

Sent Jeremy a mail...hope he knows it.

I need only some little pieces of it for the inside of the tubes.

Looking great!

I can't help but think of maybe something the size of an old thin metal coat hanger, bent to shape. Then old ball point pen springs, or a long piece of the same type of spring... Then put inside some old used aquarium hose that has gotten milky over time.

I can't help but see that when I look at these pics.

I'm probably way off but when I think of the size of my own eFX and DS 20thC that it would look the part or close to it (size wise at least)

Thanks OldKen.:)

I´ve found great milky hoses with the right size.I used gashoses for RC-Cars.But the spring stuff inside is the problem.

Great ideas...but its always a problem to find the right old parts for the Revealmask.So most times we must use parts that only looks near like the originals.:(

Ah thanks ,Marcus!:)

But whats the right size?:unsure

Sent Jeremy a mail...hope he knows it.

I need only some little pieces of it for the inside of the tubes.

Hi Mark, very nice work there :)

Marcus is right, that Dynaflex open coil spring is the best stuff found so far. The best size is the '012 x 045' option. It's not particularly clear on the website but the 045 is the measurement through the middle of the spring, (0.045" or 1.136mm) allowing it to slide nicely over 1mm copper wire inside the silicone tubing.

Jeremy

Thanks,Jeremy!

That helps a lot!:)

Do you also have an idea for this rubberline?

You're welcome!

It's been a while since I looked into the rubber trim there, I'll have to get back to you on that one I'm afraid Mark. I'll try and post in a couple of days when I've had time to check.

You're welcome!

It's been a while since I looked into the rubber trim there, I'll have to get back to you on that one I'm afraid Mark. I'll try and post in a couple of days when I've had time to check.

Thanks a lot!I hope you find it!:)

I'm looking for some copper dynodes do you still have any left or ideas where I can get some from thanks
Ben

I've been following this thread for a while now and I'm so impressed with your build and attention to detail, I have so many questions on what you have collected where to get them from and any dimensions on scratch built parts of which I'm in the throws of drawing out and getting cut. I hope I can call upon you and other members for information. Thanks to kurtyboy I'm on my way to start my own build thanks
Ben
Please keep up the great work

I'm looking for some copper dynodes do you still have any left or ideas where I can get some from thanks
Ben

Hi Ben and welcome aboard ... you can ask member sskunky (see his avatar in this thread) via PM if he has any left over :) This journey into Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal is indeed not for the fainthearted and you're in for the long haul if you want it to be close to screen-accurate :wacko

Chaim

Thanks Chaim the long haul it's going to be !!
I've been collecting bit for about 3 years now I have some resin dynodes but looking at other builds I really want the real deal
I know some parts are not available any more so I'm in the process of drawing up metal parts and linkages for my cousin to laser cut for me, I will post pictures of the cut items for feedback of members who could give me advise ( the more the merrier) thanks.
Ben

Thanks Chaim the long haul it's going to be !!
I've been collecting bit for about 3 years now I have some resin dynodes but looking at other builds I really want the real deal
I know some parts are not available any more so I'm in the process of drawing up metal parts and linkages for my cousin to laser cut for me, I will post pictures of the cut items for feedback of members who could give me advise ( the more the merrier) thanks.
Ben

Hi Ben...that sounds very good.Friends with "Laser-Cousins" are always welcome!:lol

Would anybody know the actual size of the metal disc on top of vaders crown and the size of holes that are drilled into it
thanks
Ben

Now its time to build all in the mask that must be under the fabric.First the dynodes.

Cutted the dynodes arms..the best way is to use a scissors..a dremel makes the metal too hot..:
25531915fr.jpg

The mouthkeys:

25531954tx.jpg

The disc on the top:

25532024la.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back