Alien Anthology HR Giger tribute edition (Japan)

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/HR-Giger-Tribute-Edition-Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray/108717/

108717_front.jpg

I wonder if there's a chance that it'll come out here in the US. It's neat that they were willing to do an all new edition (even if it's just some inserts and packaging) as a tribute.

I hate to say this but, for a Giger tribute, this seems pretty ordinary.

I know he died, but this makes me wish the packaging had been designed by Giger himself.
I was kinda hoping they'd go for that vibe.

Giger's design is characterized by his excess. It's like he doesn't know when to stop. ... look at the Giger Bar. He could have just done up some furniture and illustrated walls but he sculpted arches and did up furniture and tables ... it's overwhelming. Heck, I have a Giger backscratcher on my shelf that looks like an elongated alien skull (or a black colored ... adult toy).

packaging could have been better.

Yeah but I doubt the studio wanted to spend that much, I'm amazed they did this much, usually they'd just throw a sticker or something on an older release and put in 2 or 3 inserts.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back