STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES – THE 1701 COLLECTION VOL ONE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)

Ron

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last edited:
I'm puzzled by the choice to go in airdate order, but no matter, in the end I'll have them all and listen in any order I like. :)

I'm puzzled by the choice to go in airdate order, but no matter, in the end I'll have them all and listen in any order I like. :)
I hadn't thought much of it at first but now I'm thinking they may have done that to differentiate it a bit from the limited edition box set in order to protect the integrity of that release. Might also explain the new liner notes.

Last edited:
Well, with the “tracked library musical cues” they used in the 1960’s, if you just buy “The Corbomite Manuever”, (which is one of my favorites) you’ve purchased 15% of the music heard throughout The Original Series. ;)

The Soundtrack Show Podcast -- Star Trek The Original Series -- the Music Part I

Part II is also available, with (at least) a third part still coming.

I will say that I am 55 years old and have been a Star Trek fan for all but about the first five of those years, and I've read tons of stuff about TOS -- and I still learned things I never previously heard listening to these two episodes.

SSB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back