Stargate Replicator Project -Finnished-

Gatemaster

Hi There,

a few years ago i bought a peice of a replicator on eBay.
Then i decieded to built my own replicator and molded the piece and replicated it by myself!
and now i thought it is time to show you the work in progress status ;)
so it is not finished right now cause my resin is empty and i have to wait for the new order -_-*

So here we are after replicating the piece!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.jpg 4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

I only have to built the front legs!
And if this little guy is ready, it should looks like on this picture :thumbsup

repsg4-962x733.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------U P D A T E ------------------------------------------------------------------

The replicator gets a front leg :D

Update1.jpg Update2.jpg Update3.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------U P D A T E ------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally i could finnish my Replicator, and i personally think it looks really good :)

Finished Replicator2.jpg Finished Replicator.jpg
So enjoy the pics and feel free to ask questions or comment this thread :)

Last edited:
Re: My Stargate Replicator Project

If you replicate a replicator, doesn't that make you... a replicator replicator? And if you replicated a replica of a replicator....

Anyway, looks awesome! What paint did you use? I'd guess dry-brushed silver over black primer, but it looks too consistent for that. Regardless, I like the look. Stargate doesn't get near enough love around these parts.

If you replicate a replicator, doesn't that make you... a replicator replicator? And if you replicated a replica of a replicator....

Anyway, looks awesome! What paint did you use? I'd guess dry-brushed silver over black primer, but it looks too consistent for that. Regardless, I like the look. Stargate doesn't get near enough love around these parts.

:D
Yes you are right! it'is dry brushed on Black Primer!

This is awesome, I love it, any chance of a few electronics, to get it to move a bit like it does in the show, maybe a bump and go feature

This is awesome, I love it, any chance of a few electronics, to get it to move a bit like it does in the show, maybe a bump and go feature
That would be cool [emoji4]
But i have no idea how to do that???
I am not good with electronics and now it is too late for electric cause the replicator has static legs [emoji5]

That would be cool [emoji4]
But i have no idea how to do that???
I am not good with electronics and now it is too late for electric cause the replicator has static legs [emoji5]
Oh well, it still looks cool, and I think there might be a bump and go toy that someone you know has that you could salvage.

Oh well, it still looks cool, and I think there might be a bump and go toy that someone you know has that you could salvage.

Maybe you can try it out?
I have the Backplates for two other Replicators and you add working legs to them :cheers

20140727_000526.jpg

By the way, there is a small update.
I could built a "front leg" from my last pieses. But now i have devinitly to wait for the new resin :facepalm

Update pictures in the first post.

Maybe you can try it out?
I have the Backplates for two other Replicators and you add working legs to them :cheers

View attachment 353857

By the way, there is a small update.
I could built a "front leg" from my last pieses. But now i have devinitly to wait for the new resin :facepalm

Update pictures in the first post.
I would, but I have no money to spend, I can't get any bump and go toys, but maybe later I'll think about it, if I change my mind, I'll contact you

Re: Stargate Replicator Project -Finnaly Finnished-

your model turned out great. can you tell me how you painted the blocks please?

your model turned out great. can you tell me how you painted the blocks please?

Sure, i sprayed them with black primer, and after drying i dry brushed them with silver colour :thumbsup
Do you have the same project???

Sure, i sprayed them with black primer, and after drying i dry brushed them with silver colour :thumbsup
Do you have the same project???

no, i don't have the space to display a Replicator but i want to have some blocks to display. thanks for the painting tips i will use them when i get my hands on some blocks.

All pictures are in the first post Alan! Has anyone else problems to see the pics? So only for you the finnished Rep as attachment Alan [emoji4]
Hope that you can see it.

OK, I didn't look at the first post :lol as usually finished pics are either in the last post, or it is indicated that the pics are updated in the first post :lol. My bad ( I think :lol)

The replicator you built is stunning and absolutely spot-on !

Very, very, very, well done GM !

:cheers

Thanks for the kind words Alan. Now i want to make a base for it but i have no good idea!?! So if anyone have an inspiration please let me know.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a base at all. It's so good, that a base would 'spoil' the overall look.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back