My very cheap and easy Arc Reactor

Nemesis9

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know, there are probably a few thousand Arc Reactor builds, and some are flat out incredible. But I just wanted to share mine, that I was able to slap together with some dollar store parts. It's not exactly "movie quality", but I like it, and it cost somewhere around $5 to build. I had to replace my kitchen sink a while back, so I had the drain laying around. Some clear tubing, copper staples and a tap light and it's all she wrote. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• The Arc 4.JPG
    The Arc 4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
  • The Arc 3.JPG
    The Arc 3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
  • The Arc 2.JPG
    The Arc 2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 187
  • The Arc 1.JPG
    The Arc 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 218
I admire your ingenuity and really enjoy build like this. No it's not screen accurate, but so what? And just think...if you made a movie with this, a few years later there would be a thread here with people trying to figure out exactly what brand of staples, type of drain, etc are needed for a replica ;). Way to embrace the kit-bashing prop building spirit!

could you maybe show us what you used to make it? How?

I see a lightbulb, clear tubing, maybe a sink drain in there...

Thanks for the feedback Miker! I always wanted one for my office/desk since I'm an Iron Man fan, so I thought I'd throw something together. I knew going in I wasn't going to try to make an exact replica of the movie version, I just wanted one with my own little twist on it. Maybe one day I'll do a true to form moive version, but I like this one just fine. Thank again!

Hey JPH, sure. I apologize, since I should have probably included that from the beginning. I used an old drain, a tap light, clear tubing and copper staples. The black ring in the center is actually the back of the tap light. Just removed it and put some holes/screws in it, to make it look a little more "complicated" so to say. Also, the silver strainer on the top of the light was already a piece from said drain. Some foam around the sides for a more tight fit, and old audio visual wires in the back, just for show. Thanks for checking it out.

Nice work. It looks like great minds think alike :). I also used vinyl tubing, a sink strainer, tap light, and a foam ring around the sides!

Like you, I wasn't going for movie accuracy but just something that looked close enough.

20140724_115309.jpg20140724_115438.jpg

Think alike indeed, looks great! I love the lights you put in the ring, makes the entire thing really come to life, awesome job.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back