You sank my Battlestar

Fly4v

Sr Member
This is not a prop but something I'd expect to see on the Big Bang Theory.

Based on "You sank my Battlestar", I have been adding a Battlestar Galactica flavor to the Battleship Movie Edition boardgame. I used the movie edition since it has cards and alien ships already, so I started with the Dradis and Colonials.

A 3d printer would have this done in about 15 minutes.

The game pieces are sculpted putty and end up with a hand made Jumani look. Hope they look better painted and on flying stands. The stands will have the pieces lifted off the board and then be able to place the pegs underneath. Need to find some clear plastic. All I have is white.

Currently, it will be Colonials vs aliens and will eventually become Colonials vs Cylons. I have an idea to make a Pegasus for Adama vs Kane. Galactica would have Mk2s and Pegasus would have Mk7s.

Last edited:
Brilliant !!!
But you have to cut the corners of the instruction, like this:

armistice.jpg
( Image from bobatrek )
:)

Brilliant !!!
But you have to cut the corners of the instruction, like this:

View attachment 347368
( Image from bobatrek )
:)

You're right. Have to re-do the instructions.
Best thing is the paper parts are the easiest but do we re-write the game instructions to include jumping or just do the BSG corners?

- - - Updated - - -

Quick call the sharks and get a License!

I think Hasrbo, Universal, and Flights of Fancy have all the BSG rights but it would be nice if I could legally make some money on this.

To make the game playable, you'll need to put holes in your beautiful sculpts for the "hit" pegs.

You're right. Have to re-do the instructions.
Best thing is the paper parts are the easiest but do we re-write the game instructions to include jumping or just do the BSG corners?

If we re-write the game instructions jumping should only be allowed every 33 minutes. Of course that would require a Jump Key.
But I think the BSG corners are enough for the beginning.

Jintosh, That is what the flying stands will be for and to get the models up off the surface.

Edit: 33 mintues now I need to add a digital clock timer.

Hey, I found a lot more of the movie version of the game (that's being used for the build) at Big Lots for $10 each. So, OP, if you've ever need any more copies, try your nearby Big Lots.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back