Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Well we know Boyega was involved in the location shoot we saw in the spy pics, and doing some action stuff. I doubt he'll be doing that dressed like the Michelin Man, so he must have made a full recovery.

I agree that the scene will end up being pretty short. Open on a medical bay. Finn wakes up in a suit filled with bacta. A nurse standing nearby welcomes him back and cuts him out of the bacta suit. Dissolve to next scene or whatever.

But we can just keep speculating wildly and blowing things out of proportion before knowing the details. It wouldn't be the RPF if we didn't.

So does that comment imply that Darth Vader is her Grandfather?

Ridley is asked if Jyn could be related to Rey:
“I mean, I think historically it wouldn’t work, because she is … Darth Vader is there … so she would ultimately be my great-grandma; no, she would be my grandma,” Ridley said. “I mean it could happen, especially in a galaxy far, far away.”

Last edited by a moderator:

So does that comment imply that Darth Vader is her Grandfather?

I think she's referring to the timeframe. Not saying Vader was doing the nasty with Jyn. :p The question is "who are Rey's parents", and she's saying Jyn was too long ago to be Rey's mother. It'd have to be further back than that. I disagree. There is a tendency to think of the time around the original film as forever ago, and Daisey obviously thinks that way, but... Assuming Jyn survives Rogue One, she'd be no older than about forty when Rey was dropped on Jakku. Well within the parenting range. I think the implication from the cut material of Rey's memory of her mother was that she was younger at that point, but... *shrug* We'll see next year.

--Jonah

Bacta treatment evolution -

Look at what medicine does today that wasn't done or even possible in the early 80's. It's really a shock to think an advanced civilization could do things differently after 30 years, or have different applications for different injuries?

I don't think that would apply here. The SW universe is pretty darn advanced. They would probably be far past the era of big new steps forward with something like healing wounds. I would expect most of the advances in that process to have been made much earlier.

I don't think that would apply here. The SW universe is pretty darn advanced. They would probably be far past the era of big new steps forward with something like healing wounds. I would expect most of the advances in that process to have been made much earlier.

This is how I feel about technology in Star Wars, too - the OT, any way.
They had the big stuff figured out centuries ago - possibly millennia ago, since so many cultures from every corner of the galaxy intermingle so nonchalantly.
As a kid I always imagined that the Millennium Falcon was at least a hundred years old.

I've got no problem with a bacta suit.
As silly as you guys think it is, it's still more realistic than Dr. McCoy mending broken bones by waving a spinny thing.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone walking and screaming. That is an odd thought... and kind of disturbing.

All I ask is to put some freaking detail on the front "mouth" of the Stormtrooper helmet. That's it. I'll say they look awesome then. Heck I'll ignore the Michelin man suit if you do that for me.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back