Obi Wan The Clone Wars Armour

WilliamDrake

Hello,

i'am searching Pepakura Files from the Obi Wan Kenobi The Clone Wars Armour (Chest, Handpards, Shoulders ect.). Can Anybody help me?

obiwan_clonewars_c4dfree_model_by_lsgg-d3gi8v2.jpg

Thanks

William

Last edited:
You really don't need Pep files for this, at least not for the yoke (the armor around the shoulders), it's not that complicated of a design. I've made a preliminary pattern using Illustrator a couple of years ago that I never bothered to print out to test, but I think it's good, I'm just not sure if I got the curves right side I think I made it using straight lines. You can make your own pattern by simply laying some paper over you shoulders and drawing lines to represent the individual plates, it would then be a simple matter of cleaning up the lines.

For simplicity, I would skip the normal Pep method of preparation and just use foam for the yoke. They're just simple curves and I think that the whole Bondoing and sanding that's involved in Pep is too much trouble for something so simple. Just cut out the foam in strips, curve it to where to where you want it then heat it to hold the curve and then ask you have to do is seal and paint it. Foam also has the benefit of being the right thickness right of the bat, depending on the exact thickness of your foam of course, that eliminates the need for either measuring lots of paper or Bondo to get the right thickness.

I probably should clarify one small thing, the method I described is based on making the armor in strips which would then be attached to backing as opposed to making it all one big piece Vader style. I have it planned that way because in some of the images you can see that the armor flexes, but you can tell it's not just the animators cheating like they do in video games because you can tell there's no clipping and the plates don't stretch either but you can see space between them when you look closely. So based on that I came to the conclusion that it's made from individual plates that's attached to some sort of fabric backing as opposed to a Vader style monolithic piece of immovable plastic.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back