New BMF coming

Last night I snapped together Bandai's new TIE X-1 1/72 kit and I gotta say it's spectacular! Terrific detail (better than Fine Molds -- and that's a high bar) and even snapped together the pieces fit with precise tolerance. Seam lines vanish. They even have detail on the inside of the cockpit hatch that will never be seen unless someone does an open cockpit diorama. It's crazy good. If they do a Falcon -- and, really, why wouldn't they -- it should be amazing. I just hope they avoid Fine Mold's mistakes and get the proportions correct. My dream is a 1/72 replica of the 5-footer with swappable lower hull sections to do either the ANH version or the 5-gear TESB version.
\
I'll have to add... One of the coolest models I have is a BANDAI enterprise(star trek) .. It's the motion picture version. It was a snap kit, prepainted, and it lights up! They did an awesome paint job on it too...freaking amazing.

Hear, hear...

Remember - its the paint job people will always notice first. And overall shape/porportions. Fine details are later in line...

I think this is exactly right,
The paint job is first and last as far as i'm concerned which means seriously, straight out of the box and painted this thing can look absolutely, amazing as Lear60man has shown to full effect.
The overall proportions are indeed next as you can just tell, even if you cant put your finger on what it is that something is off and next are the tiny details.
Well painted wrong details look better than badly painted spot on details.

I am only going to do this once though and then get back to 1:1 scale droids. so for me I'm going all out with main proportions and then as accurate a paint job that i can get, this will be my second and final (famous last words) falcon and I already don't want it to end.
You don't get so many people making 1:1 scale droids, it's gets lonely on those threads :) (I don't do sad face)

That link shared, pics of the real filming model?
Web page says....
Set taken by Maths Halstensen at "The Art of Star Wars" exhibition in Japan in 2003.

Looks VERY real to me...

I'm trying to look at only the 32...these pics made me feel really good about the Hasbro falcon too :) Just wondering if there are any more sets like this? Most pics I've found are of the 5'footer or they don't say...

It's funny tho..there were things about the hasbro falcon I was saying..why the hell did they do this wrong..etc..then looked at these pictures and then was like...woah..it's actually right

Web page says....
Set taken by Maths Halstensen at "The Art of Star Wars" exhibition in Japan in 2003.

Looks VERY real to me...

I'm trying to look at only the 32...these pics made me feel really good about the Hasbro falcon too :) Just wondering if there are any more sets like this? Most pics I've found are of the 5'footer or they don't say...

It's funny tho..there were things about the hasbro falcon I was saying..why the hell did they do this wrong..etc..then looked at these pictures and then was like...woah..it's actually right
I'm less worried about weathering since I'll be using my own artistic license, but the colored panels I will need reference for.
I think it's already been concluded that the Hasbro has features from both studio models? Which is more dominant on the Hasbro though?

I saw a list someplace of the Bandai Star wars kits coming out...
Snow Speeder
At-st?
At-at
X-wing
Tie
Tie(darth's)
Vader
Stormtrooper
r2
r5
Y-wing
Scout Trooper on speeder
No mention of the falcon.....

They did show that awesome STAR DESTROYER tho...I'm doubting the really release it tho..(Kinda like that E-fx Ywing...looks great..but where the hell is it? )
and then there was that awesome half of R2-D2 in 1:1 scale....

I think we may be surprised by Bandai... the put out a MASSIVE 1/350 scale Starblazers Argo/space battleship Yamato. It was expensive as anything but Really large and really nice. IF they did an SD in a similar overall size and detail it would be EPIC.

Jedi Dade

There is a link about 5 pages back for the onedrive pics, hundreds of them. 32" and 5'
I downloaded the onedrive SET one pics...all 4 gigs of em..I was under the impression that was all the 5 footer? So there is 32 in there someplace? or I guess you are telling me to look at set 2! :)

Set one was cool..but it seems like every photo was taken like 5 times of the same thing...

There is a link, a few posts after, the first post, with the page before, the one that you have found there. I'm too drunk too find it now, but it is there :)

There is a link, a few posts after, the first post, with the page before, the one that you have found there. I'm too drunk too find it now, but it is there :)
Yeah you sound drunk mate! :) ha!

Btw..I've cut out 2 side walls (middle/rear) and the engine panel on the back...So far so good...but the back end (top) really starts to cave in once you remove the engine panel. Not a big deal because I'm going to fix it..but just throwing that bit of info out there so anyone doing the engines will be prepared to do some support work inside :) Anyhow..no more cutting today...too much blood spilled today :)

Ok went to the Onedrive thing...His folders are #1Falcon 5 foot, #2Falcon 5 foot part 2, then 11 other things that aint the falcon...You sure there is 32 inchers in here someplace? Or was there 2 accounts on Onedrive with totally different images?

Ahhh! Bingo! Found it! Cool!

Link...?

The initial link you posted (the "Maths set") has been on-line for years, and constitutes some of the very few, and very best shots of the 32".

The five-footer is a bit like a two-bit w**** - she gets around...!

The five foot model has seen far more "light of day" via museum tours (at least stateside) than the 32", hence the plethora of images of the fat *******. Personally, I've seen the five foot bitch at at least three museum displays, and have pics from all.

I've NEVER seen the 32" ship...

Last edited:
Someone asked for this...

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be possible for someone with a MR Falcon and the new Hasbro Falcon to take some good side by side pics to compare. I would love to see over all size compared, details, etc.??????

Got you covered - click the links.

Someone asked for this...

- - - Updated - - -

Got you covered - click the links.

The Hasbro compares quite well. Especially when you consider price. I'm getting one of them for a Xmas present from a friend. I was always sad I missed out on the MR and can't afford the inflated prices. This will do well to fill that space. I will buy Mikes upgrade parts and do a nice accurate paint up and bam I'll have something that to most people will look the same as the MR and I'll feel sooo much better I didn't spend so much on it. Win win for me and others in the same boat. :)

Ben

Also for anybody in Australia you can get them at BigW on sale for $88AUD and normal price is $98AUD. The TRU price over here is a joke.

Ben

Hi Jameth. I'm planning to design the Hasbro turret window too.

I'm waiting my Hasbro. As soon as I receive it, I will take some measurements and I will design it.

I hope this helps! :)

You Da Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:):popcorn:lol:thumbsup:cheers:p;):eek:cool

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back