New BMF coming

Someone asked for this...

- - - Updated - - -

Got you covered - click the links.

Excellent. Thank you so much.

Not sure what Hasbro was thinking with this and some of the things they did on it like the landing gear, blank sides, etc, but GOD BLESS them for making this thing.

Not sure what Hasbro was thinking with this and some of the things they did on it like the landing gear, blank sides, etc, but GOD BLESS them for making this thing.
Makes me wish Hasbro made a $300 version that was better! :)

Ok..guess everyone has the proper 32'inch links now

Yeah surely finishing the blank sides wouldn't be too much effort and what would have put the price up maybe $5 -$10. Weird.

Ben

Yeah surely finishing the blank sides wouldn't be too much effort and what would have put the price up maybe $5 -$10. Weird.

Ben
At least this is WAYyyyyyyYyyy better than the big Xwing. The back end is all wrong on that and the way they did the wings....it just calls for a slap the forehead!

At least this is WAYyyyyyyYyyy better than the big Xwing. The back end is all wrong on that and the way they did the wings....it just calls for a slap the forehead!

Oh yeah definitely. Don't get me wrong I'm greatful for what they've done.I probably would never get the chance to have a big MF if it wasn't for this. :)

Ben

Looking at the 32inch from 2003 and then 2012 or whatever...its sad to see some of the parts fell off. They clearly didn't try to fix it either :)

I noticed this when I saw the star wars exhibit in err 2013?ish.. You can see the "Ghost" spot where some parts fell off. You know, the paint outline left behind. Kinda like a dead body outline at a crime scene!

Ben

Yeah but think about it...

The stickers (blank side walls) are a blessing in disguise. The sidewall area is where the lack of undercuts (and other three-dimensional detail lost to the fact that the entire model is one molded piece) would be most egregious. Even more so than the rear engine deck, I think.

Molded-in sidewall detail may have saved some work, but I think wouild have been pretty poor compared to the other areas of the toy.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the 32inch from 2003 and then 2012 or whatever...its sad to see some of the parts fell off. They clearly didn't try to fix it either :)

I noticed this when I saw the star wars exhibit in err 2013?ish.. You can see the "Ghost" spot where some parts fell off. You know, the paint outline left behind. Kinda like a dead body outline at a crime scene!

If, when you say 2003, you refer to the "Maths set" of shots, there were notable parts missing by then - the small "shield" in front of the top gun, and the two fins on the rear underside being good examples.

Last edited:
Here's hoping for a Hero series AT-AT

I'm with you there,

at-at453web.jpg
on that note, you know Christmas is coming in our house when you see this :)

Yeah but think about it...

The stickers (blank side walls) is a blessing in disguise. The sidewall area is where the lack of undercuts (and other three-dimensional detail lost to the fact that the entire models is one molded piece) would be most egregious. Even more so than the rear engine deck, I think.

Molded-in sidewall detail may have saved some work, but I think wouild have been pretty poor compared to the other area of the toy.

That does make perfect sense. I didn't think of it that way. :)

Ben

Ok, I took more comp shots with a much better camera..... with an optical zoom..... from 22 feet away..... as opposed to the first pics that I think were 9 feet away.
And there is a difference. I'm much happier and now I think I have solid answers to the panels out/ walls in decision that has held me up all week :)

VfxsupHsmfV2Web_.jpg Vfxsup Photogram five footer and the Hsmf.

MaruskaHsmfV2Web_.jpg Maruskas 32" plans and the Hsmf,

HsmfEpVIIV2Web_.jpg And because it was easy to do one more pic, here is the EpVII plan and the Hsmf

In conclusion panels stay (yay) and walls go in (boo) with the exception of the front panels if you are pushing towards the five footer.
I really didn't want to cut the walls out but hey, I'm only doing this once so whatever.
Best news is I no longer "have a bad feeling" about the mandibles.
I will update previous comp posts to reflect.

I got a Laserdisc player back in the day. I picked up that great Original Trilogy set and went through all the supplementals. Remember this was before DVD. Extra stuff, tons of pics, wow!!!!

Then my buddy and I discovered a neat feature. We could pause it to 1/90th of a frame. We spend several hours going through the space battle in Jedi. After a while I turned to my friend and said with all my heart,"Dude,..we need girlfriends." With a lost look in his eyes he said,"Yep."

Tell the story to others, learn what you can.

TronGod could you post some pics of the cuts you made to the walls and engine area please.
I have to do this next and it would be helpful to get some idea of how hard its going to be :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@TronGod could you post some pics of the cuts you made to the walls and engine area please.
I have to do this next and it would be helpful to get some idea of how hard its going to be :)

I would not say that it's hard to do, but more that it's a pain in the ass :)

Neat shot thru the engine panel(now that it's gone)

IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0985.JPGIMG_0986.JPGIMG_0988.JPGIMG_0989.JPG
Like I said the other day, i've only done 1 side, and 1 rear and the engine panels...Still have to do the other side. Also note on the engines I'm trying to leave the edge support wall intact.

In one shot you can see the RESIN I've used to keep the hull strong. However, I would recommend cutting everything out 1st before doing that - as I have cracked my resin a tiny bit by all the rough housing going on when cutting the side walls out.

Keep in mind also...that removing the engine panel..makes the top half start to cave in a tiny bit..the bottom still has bits on it thats keeping it straight..I may or may not leave the bottom alone.

Last edited:
noturningbacknow.jpg
No turning back now! :) This part wasn't that hard to cut out cleanly.. Anyhow..plan to push the walls out on the part I cut out and re-attach.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back