SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just gotten the last payment of my $400 deposit back from Steve. I'm out at this point. I'd encourage anyone who's still owed money to get on the bandwagon and pursue a refund. There's probably a seven-year statute of limitations involved here, and we're at about the six-year mark.

Congrats Harbinger! You probably annoyed the h*ll out of Stephen / Artifactory? That's the way to go!

I've known an done business with SD studios in the past. I've even been to his residence... I know him to be a really good person and am shocked to see this kind of thread. Just in shock.

as for his involvement with DeAgostini's Falcon - his model was the base that they are copying for their model, and I think he is the one that is providing the "customization" tips etc. but he's not involved with the creation and distribution of the product himself. I think he's more of a consultant in to them on the accuracy of things.

Sad -
Jedi Dade

I was squeaky, all right, and a little annoying but generally polite. I simply pointed out some things that, I believe, made him think a bit. I also let him know I was determined to do whatever it took to get a refund while causing as much negative publicity for him and his new company (indirectly) as I could legally do.

I also let him know I was determined to do whatever it took to get a refund while causing as much negative publicity for him and his new company (indirectly) as I could legally do.
Exactly what I did, too. Off course I was always polite, but I did tell him how I felt about the situation and clearly stated that I would warn everybody to do business with him or Artifactory, in any way I could, just telling everybody about the Neuralyzer "scandal". Also told him I would let it rest if I was refunded completely. You also have to actually start "spreading the news", so he notices that you do what you told him you would be doing. Only threatening him without taking action, doesn't work...

Is it a fact that Steve owns Artifactory? I asked for a Hal 9000 panel as replacement for the Neuralizer but he only offered me one of his old units with no sound. If he owns Artifactory why can't he just take one from stock?

Is it a fact that Steve owns Artifactory? I asked for a Hal 9000 panel as replacement for the Neuralizer but he only offered me one of his old units with no sound. If he owns Artifactory why can't he just take one from stock?

Not trying to defend the guy or anything, but maybe he's not the sole owner? I'm sure if he has partners, then they wouldn't appreciate him taking things out of the business' stock to pay off his personal debts. At the very least that would be stealing, possibly embezzlement. He'd probably have to purchase the item himself first or at least get permission from whoever in the company manages the assets to do something like that.

Not trying to defend the guy or anything, but maybe he's not the sole owner? I'm sure if he has partners, then they wouldn't appreciate him taking things out of the business' stock to pay off his personal debts. At the very least that would be stealing, possibly embezzlement. He'd probably have to purchase the item himself first or at least get permission from whoever in the company manages the assets to do something like that.

Anybody that just turned there back and walked away from people owed. probably wouldn't give a crap about ethics...

Old thread but I received my final payment refund about a month ago for the neurolyzer. I just kept emailing him asking for either a refund or even just what he has finished and I could put it together. From the sound of things originally, it was only the electronics, I think, that was the hold up but he never offered to ship me what he had. So I'm not sure what happened to all the parts he has completed. This was my grail prop for a long time and would have taken it in pieces if it meant having it but priorities change, especially after starting a family. Anyway, hope people are still getting refunds.

I'm very late to the party here, but I ordered a Pulse Rifle from Steve in 2001, signed a contract for delivery, paid $4,300 and thats been the last of it.

Ouch. So sorry to read that.
If anyone gets into a similar situation with someone in another country don't give up. Make calls and ask around for possible options. I tried to do business with a guy in Canada and sent him some of my sculpts. He had no intention of following through and I thought I was out of luck since he was in another country. I called the police in his area who told me how I could have him arrested. So I faced the idiot with that option he had my stuff back in the mail to me the same day.

Always research your options.

I'm aware of a company that delivered work for Steve about 8 years ago and they got shafted to the tune of at least 15 grand.

man what a piece of work this guy is.

i can't see him still being around after 2 years on the deagostini falcon project, he will probably bail and leave them in the stink.

oh yeah.... still owes me money

Hi there - I am new to the RPF but I have been on the Alien Legacy Forum for a few years...

I ordered a batch of SD STUDIOS HERO PULSE RIFLE parts back in late 2013 / early 2014 and, although I had to wait a few months, I got everything through... I was vaguely aware that there were reputation problems...

I wanted some of his HERO M40 GRENADES and so I ordered a batch from him a couple of weeks ago. His service was flawless, complete with same day shipping and a tracking number. I received the items a couple of days ago no problems.

Scant consolation for you guys and I have obviously been very lucky but it would appear that he is working to try to get income flowing again... Fingers crossed this all begins to work out.

I doubt it, to be honest. He abandoned the RPF and is focusing on other markets it seems. If people from the RPF want their money back, to have to hit Stephen where it hurts: contacting people on his new market and tell them about the issues here, so people there contact Stephen to ask what's going on, and Stephen knows that you are causing problems to his business. THAT's when he will pay you back...

Hi there - I am new to the RPF but I have been on the Alien Legacy Forum for a few years...

I ordered a batch of SD STUDIOS HERO PULSE RIFLE parts back in late 2013 / early 2014 and, although I had to wait a few months, I got everything through... I was vaguely aware that there were reputation problems...

I wanted some of his HERO M40 GRENADES and so I ordered a batch from him a couple of weeks ago. His service was flawless, complete with same day shipping and a tracking number. I received the items a couple of days ago no problems.

Scant consolation for you guys and I have obviously been very lucky but it would appear that he is working to try to get income flowing again... Fingers crossed this all begins to work out.

he's no better than a thief who get's away with a heist. If you want to support that. go for It!

he's no better than a thief who get's away with a heist. If you want to support that. go for It!

I'm not promoting the guy - I'm just explaining my own experiences. Clearly there is a real issue which has led to his removal from the RPF and I am not trying to dismiss this. I would without doubt have been scared off from dealing with him had I joined the RPF and read these threads before I made my orders... I'm just explaining that he is obviously trying to make some funds to (hopefully) fuel refunds for you guys. Fingers crossed you all get your refunds.

I'm not promoting the guy - I'm just explaining my own experiences. Clearly there is a real issue which has led to his removal from the RPF and I am not trying to dismiss this. I would without doubt have been scared off from dealing with him had I joined the RPF and read these threads before I made my orders... I'm just explaining that he is obviously trying to make some funds to (hopefully) fuel refunds for you guys. Fingers crossed you all get your refunds.

And, for good or bad in regards to the situation, you're contributing, and I appreciate that (along with many more I'm sure).

Also, you're showing that he has the ability to complete orders on a business that he said he's not a part of anymore.... That's what's going to upset people the most. He said he doesn't do this anymore, he washed his hands of it for his new venture. Not that it makes it a viable excuse to screw so many of us, but if you are getting things not related to the new business, and no one on this end is seeing money? Yeah, that's ********.

And, for good or bad in regards to the situation, you're contributing, and I appreciate that (along with many more I'm sure).

Also, you're showing that he has the ability to complete orders on a business that he said he's not a part of anymore.... That's what's going to upset people the most. He said he doesn't do this anymore, he washed his hands of it for his new venture. Not that it makes it a viable excuse to screw so many of us, but if you are getting things not related to the new business, and no one on this end is seeing money? Yeah, that's 8u115h1t.

I see what you mean. My orders were made to the SDSTUDIOS@aol.com address... This is the email address I contacted him on... and the address I made the PAYPAL payment to... I am hoping that as a result, he will use these funds appropriately...

Good luck guys.

If he had wanted to right his wrongs. he would make a better job at doing so. but the only people getting there money back are the people who make waves. this shows me he doesn't care at truly making things right on all levels. he took the money and ran like a cowered. I think he belongs In jail along with every other person wanting to defraud steal or cheat someone out of there hard earned money. I'm sure he doesn't loose any sleep over the fact that he's scum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back