3D printed Obi-wan Lightsaber

That pommel definitely doesn't look like plastic. I'm wondering though... Silver/chrome paint always seems a little darker than real chrome. Instead of a gloss black base coat, what if you used gray or blue? Just a thought.

That pommel definitely doesn't look like plastic. I'm wondering though... Silver/chrome paint always seems a little darker than real chrome. Instead of a gloss black base coat, what if you used gray or blue? Just a thought.

That might be what I'll do with the emitter when I finish it. My filler primer is gray and I plan on using that as a base. Then either Rub 'n Buff pewter or the SpazStix chrome without black base coat....

Finally got a chance to finish my sanding and painting of my replacement emitter. Decided on satin black with Pewter Rub 'n Buff. I also switched out the 1 inch D-ring to a 3/4 inch D-ring. I'm very happy how this turned out and want to thank Valcrow for this wonderful 3D printed kit.

I'm no photographer but here are my best beauty shots....

8ee921578dd6109d33054689753c23f1.jpg

8a813200bdcdafe8ce12fc1e84726e9c.jpg

8dbc73301c34faf474b42c6395cc73d9.jpg

485ad5aae7afecccfcb93ce2e0414e91.jpg

f1f78de3654aa9d7809d5c092cf488cb.jpg

dbe159f451a4679994ec1e9455041103.jpg

Chris

After ten minutes of staring;
man those chrome pieces look fantastic. Even looks like the clamp lever and transistors have a glistening chrome finish. Top notch work mate:cheers

First let me say a Big THANK YOU to Valcrow for making this file available to everyone. I have to tell you i just got my first 3d printer This past Friday. I got a ROBO R1 Plus on sale on Amazon deal of the day. Anyways so this was the Third thing i printed so keep that in mind but i think it turned out pretty well. I am giving this one to my Brother So when i make another i will post a pic of it painted.

THANKS AGAIN Valcrow.
Photo Oct 10, 5 54 44 PM.jpg

All of these look awesome! I really need to get started on one of these soon. Does anyone know if there is a Luke V2 available for 3D printing? I saw one earlier in this thread but I don't think the user is active anymore. It looked pretty impressive though. The item in question is on page 9, post #205

All of these look awesome! I really need to get started on one of these soon. Does anyone know if there is a Luke V2 available for 3D printing? I saw one earlier in this thread but I don't think the user is active anymore. It looked pretty impressive though. The item in question is on page 9, post #205

Join MCM's shared stunt build thread! The V2 has mostly the same geometry as the shared stunt:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262160

I finally got a 3d printer and this has to be my first project!

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys use for the lightbulbs? It seems a single piece of transparent plastic.

Loking at all of the great work here and Im just floored! Just goes to show you dont have to spend hundreds of dollars to have a great looking prop. My freind has a 3d printer and this is the next thing hell be printing thatsfor sure!

thanks everybody!

it has been a great project, many things I would do differently but honestly it took less time than expected and I would be so temped to make another :p

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back