3D printed Obi-wan Lightsaber

Keep in mind that people that say it's not accurate are really talking about small details that they see but not everyone does!!

I still love looking at mine and I see it as an accurate representation in my own naive world! Lol

Anyone know if there's a possibility of a ROTJ Luke 3D file being created? V2, Shared Stunt, etc...
Seems like too good an opportunity to waste, because the work on the Obi-wan files is fantastic!

"For the Jedi it is time to eat as well"

Anyone know if there's a possibility of a ROTJ Luke 3D file being created? V2, Shared Stunt, etc...
Seems like too good an opportunity to waste, because the work on the Obi-wan files is fantastic!

"For the Jedi it is time to eat as well"

Someone out there might, but no plans for me currently to make that particular model.

Valcrow, thanks for the excellent Model! I made the 4 piece one to start and am currently printing the 14 piece version.
(and yes, I know I put the brass bit on backwards, will correct it in the next print)
Obiwan-1.jpgObiwan-3.jpgObiwan-5.jpg

Killer paint job there.

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you valcrow [emoji3]

See, I was just content to mess around a little with a flash head and give a go at an esb luke hilt. Then built up a rotj Vader saber as a gift to a relative, and call it good. But this was too easy, the 3d printed hilt.

So I threw some black on the grenade and booster parts, then something happened. I thought a metal clamp might bring this up another level (not that it's in need of anything extra, mind you).

Forum member veektohr was kind enough to sell me his weathered G R A F L E X clamp, which makes a nice compliment this. Only now, I'm thinking a metal balance pipe would be cool too. Then maybe a metal booster too...

Caution: This 3d printed prop can act as a gateway prop, leading to craving and addiction resulting in saber madness. !

Honestly I was never really a fan of the Obi-Wan saber, and I'm still on the fence about Luke's... but this saber was definitely a turning point.

Thanks for offering that up, I'll probably do the 14 piece and keep it all abs, but this one will be a place holder as I slowly accumulate and replace pieces over time.

Will post finished pics once I get it all painted and weathered. That tutorial is great, btw!

f6f75f1a6f31991008d7a4521f9dfc49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

This is my very first post on the RPF and I'm so happy with how this came out. It's actually a Christmas present for my brother so hopefully he wont see this, lol.

I knew before I even printed the first part I needed at latest to add lights, the plan was to add sound but I had a bit of a disaster with the circuit board. But a new soldering iron (A Christmas present, I don't no about, lol) will help when I make my Lightsaber.

So below is some photo's and a video, what do you think?

James.

_SAM0195.JPG_SAM0194.JPG_SAM0193.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone willing to print a kit to buy? Material. Time. Shipping and handling. Fee. Etc? I would love to have one of these for display.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back