Captain America: Civil War

Re: Captain America 3 (Robert Downey Jr to join and start Marvel Civil War)

I enjoyed Civil War immensely and I liked how it brought the whole Marvel comic universe in focus, some of the changes were too drastic but for the storyline they were going for it served the purpose.

It was Spider-Man's One More Day that made me quit comics all together. I was mostly buying Marvel that time along with few others, so I stopped buying monthly issues all together after OMD. And despite liking Civil War, annual crossovers that followed through were getting tiresome anyways. I need to get back to reading more self contained titles and few other solo character comics.

The article I linked has a suitable explanation, though not sure what direction they will take for the movie. Another possibility someone mentioned in the comments being Tony wants to arrest Bucky, while Steve wants to save him; which may become the jumping point for their battle.

Also Spidey is crucial to Civil War. Sony and Marvel's deal may go through. But I wonder how they will have Tony and Peter bond so quickly, if at all that's what is going to happen in the movies.
I think Civil War can still work without Spidey and FF, though its scale and efficacy would certainly be diminished. The core ethical dilemma can still be preserved if the central question wasn't about preserving/relinquishing secret identities so much as registering supers as federal agents. It's going to be a "watered down" Civil War regardless since it'd take decades to build the MCU to the scale of the comic universe.

(If it's a go the "best" spidey film is likely to be the "Civil War")

There's no question they're going to have to do "Fallen Son." It's already so anticipated by fans that there would be a geek outrage if it doesn't happen.

I don't get it.

Last edited:

It's just a jab at the fact that we're getting another vs superhero movie just a few weeks before Cap 3

Don't get your hopes up folks. Ebola will take over before this movie is released. :rolleyes:sick:wacko

captain-america-3-robert-downey-jr-join-start-marvel-civil-war-civil-war-jpg-389700d1413323924

civil war.jpg

Civil War is a fantastic storyline and I'm pumped now :D

Somewhere, somehow, I want to see Hawkeye killing a room full of people with his own pried out fingernails. As long as we're talking about the events of the recent Marvel Universe, I'd like to go on record having said that!

Last edited:

If the Sony deal doesn't pan out, it will be largely Iron-Man vs Captain America without Tony having a major superhero confidant on his side, maybe it will be Banner. And Tony ends up wanting all superheroes to report to authority, without the emphasis on secret identities.

Given the number of MCU characters that'll be available by the time Cap 3 hits theaters, I saw the RDJ news as more about setting up the Civil War storyline for Phase 4, not the main plot actually being Civil War. Wouldn't surprise me if RDJ plays a large supporting role in Cap 3 and the end of the movie sets up the Superhero Registration Act or whatever causes the rift... kinda doubt IM and Cap are gonna toe to toe in the threequel just yet.

Right, it could lay just the foundation while Avengers 3 might deal with the repercussions.

That's what I thought, but I am not sure anymore. But I like that Marvel is surprising fans like this.

Maybe the Civil War story will continue in the individual Cap /Iron Man films, while Avengers 3 and 4 will be more on the cosmic side. But the fact that Russo Brothers are rumored to be directing Avengers 3 and 4 makes me believe that those films could be dealing with the Civil War story initially.

Thanos is probably a big enough issue to get everyone to play nice again. I kinda hope that's wrong.

That's where I figured they were going with Avengers 3 and 4. I see Civil War as being more of a Phase 4 dynamic, like a way of organizing the growing roster of heroes (and lead actors). One Avengers movie can deal with this conflict climaxing, however that conflict manifests (though maybe as the fallout from Tony's Ultron experiment), and the next can be everyone burying the hatchet over the threat of Thanos.

"Civil War is more about accountability than it is about secret identities. Who do the heroes answer to? "

"Feige says Civil War is not about secret identities and more about who do superheroes report to."

"Civil War is more about accountability than it is about secret identities. Who do the heroes answer to? "

"Feige says Civil War is not about secret identities and more about who do superheroes report to."
I called it.
(patting self on back)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back