The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Post-release)

Organic webbing is not fixing it...Why would I care if a piece of tech is worth $3 trillion dollars???

Then why wouldn't all the tech on display at Oscorp be super marketable, i.e., Vulture's wings, Rhino's powersuit, etc? Because it's a MOVIE..

"Who cares it's just a movie" is one of those sentences that doesn't seem to fit on a site like this.

I said it was a movie based on fiction...not that I don't care buddy. But if you allow every piece of reality to shatter how you see a movie, you've got problems.

If it's supposed to be a by the books true to life story, i.e., Zero Dark Thirty, Fine. It was a realistic portrayal of the characters and events...based on a true story, grounded in real life.

Spider-man can't have you poking holes in one minor idea...it's who Spider-man is. Now the parents being spies or heroes...that I can do without.
"Who cares it's just a movie" is one of those sentences that doesn't seem to fit on a site like this.

I think maybe I've upset or offended you, and for that I apologize. I don't mean to imply that it's wrong for you to like the movie. Merely to give my reasons for disagreement, which I don't think are unique.

With all respect though, I do believe your forgetting that realism and believability are two different things. No one is suggesting that all of the rules of our universe are followed, merely that suspension of disbelief is lazy if it's done arbitrarily. The existence of mutation is part of the world created and must be accepted. I see no reason to force that glue can obey thought commands, when there is already another plausible explanation available that the audience has already embraced.

Movie is pretty good! What was up with Peter's dad being the main catalyst as the spider powers? I thought that was a cool little thing that was actually pretty big and hope it gets revealed more. If not, then ok. I thought Gwen-Peter relationship was well played, which made that end scene that much more emotional. Man did I hold back tears! :lol The Harry friendship seemed like it was rushed, we just see him pop up and have to believe these guys are the best of buds. My preference was the Raimi-version where they had more development before he turns into Gobby. All in all, pretty cool and the end scenes had me wanting a sequel as soon as the credits started rolling :)

I don't really see why the 'Peter/Harry as best buds' is such a problem for everyone. I've got friends that I only knew when I was a kid, that now--if I'm lucky-- I might see once every ten years or so. But when we do see each other it's as if not a day has gone by since we last saw each other. It's just as if we were kids again and no time has passed.

I don't really see why the 'Peter/Harry as best buds' is such a problem for everyone. I've got friends that I only knew when I was a kid, that now--if I'm lucky-- I might see once every ten years or so. But when we do see each other it's as if not a day has gone by since we last saw each other. It's just as if we were kids again and no time has passed.

Yes. Thats totally true.
What i felt rush was from the moment they see again and the moment harry says he is dying is a time of several months. And it just felt like it was 2 days.
I think the mental change and the fear of harry knowing he will die was too rushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe in not suspending disbelief for everything.

However, the mutation doesn't explain how he gets web powers. Because it never happens. It's not in line with the comics. I could also say, "How come organic webs don't shoot out of his butt." I guess it doesn't matter.

To me, Spiderman has always lacked the organic webs. How does a fictional mutation explain what powers I should have? It doesn't. They could throw in any magical fluff they want to explain how he sticks to walls. But it won't explain every ability clearly. If he's wearing boots, somehow his power transfers through his clothes...
I think maybe I've upset or offended you, and for that I apologize. I don't mean to imply that it's wrong for you to like the movie. Merely to give my reasons for disagreement, which I don't think are unique.

With all respect though, I do believe your forgetting that realism and believability are two different things. No one is suggesting that all of the rules of our universe are followed, merely that suspension of disbelief is lazy if it's done arbitrarily. The existence of mutation is part of the world created and must be accepted. I see no reason to force that glue can obey thought commands, when there is already another plausible explanation available that the audience has already embraced.

I do believe in not suspending disbelief for everything.

However, the mutation doesn't explain how he gets web powers. Because it never happens. It's not in line with the comics. I could also say, "How come organic webs don't shoot out of his butt." I guess it doesn't matter.

To me, Spiderman has always lacked the organic webs. How does a fictional mutation explain what powers I should have? It doesn't. They could throw in any magical fluff they want to explain how he sticks to walls. But it won't explain every ability clearly. If he's wearing boots, somehow his power transfers through his clothes...

Its a comic :D
They dont have to explain everything.
And the webs he build himself.

Maybe he poops webs too and its only too masty to show it in comics or movies :D

Its like hulk ripps all clothes but the pants....and we all know the pants r the first thing that gets tight when a man gets excited ^^

Its a comic :D
They dont have to explain everything.
And the webs he build himself.

Maybe he poops webs too and its only too masty to show it in comics or movies :D

Its like hulk ripps all clothes but the pants....and we all know the pants r the first thing that gets tight when a man gets excited ^^

Super hero movies used to all follow that way of thinking.

I like them better now. The difference is between:

Are you making a moving comic?
or
Are you making a movie based on the story that originated in the comic?

The only moving comic I've seen done well are the Burton Batmans and the original (first 2) Superman movies...stylized, a little campy yes, but obviously as a choice, not out of laziness or ineptness.

When they moved away from that mindset, the movies got noticeably better (and more popular). Going back to stylized as a choice would be one thing. Doing it out of laziness is another.

Simply saying who cares it's a comic, lessens it for me. If anything you've gone directly to the heart of why I didn't care for the choice. It's BECAUSE they are simply treating it as a comic book, and not worth their effort, as opposed to a movie series that could stand on it's own.

Last edited:
Super hero movies used to all follow that way of thinking.

I like them better now. The difference is between:

Are you making a moving comic?
or
Are you making a movie based on the story that originated in the comic?

The only moving comic I've seen done well are the Burton Batmans and the original (first 2) Superman movies...stylized, a little campy yes, but obviously as a choice, not out of laziness or ineptness.

When they moved away from that mindset, the movies got noticeably better (and more popular). Going back to stylized as a choice would be one thing. Doing it out of laziness is another.

Simply saying who cares it's a comic, lessens it for me. If anything you've gone directly to the heart of why I didn't care for the choice. It's BECAUSE they are simply treating it as a comic book, and not worth their effort, as opposed to a movie series that could stand on it's own.

I think to the "moving comics" one of the best (or the best) is Sin City. Besides that ppl like it or not, it has so many pics and scenes that look like taken right out of the comic. No matter when u click pause it is a perfect comic picture (but that is thanks to rosriguez and of course due to Frank Miller directing it) :)

I think to the "moving comics" one of the best (or the best) is Sin City. Besides that ppl like it or not, it has so many pics and scenes that look like taken right out of the comic. No matter when u click pause it is a perfect comic picture (but that is thanks to rosriguez and of course due to Frank Miller directing it) :)

I agree with that. Very well done example.

I just realized the other day when I bought the soundtrack for this movie that it was composed by Hanz Zimmer. Is this guy like the go-to superhero composer now?

I just realized the other day when I bought the soundtrack for this movie that it was composed by Hanz Zimmer. Is this guy like the go-to superhero composer now?

Just the go-to guy for ANY movie soundtrack! Lion King; Gladiator; Inception......just brilliant

Tasm 2 blue ray special features

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has picked up the Tasm 2 blue ray special features yet. If so have you seen how the suit was made? Thanks!

20140823_110713.jpg

I have the blu-ray. The segment about the new suit was incredibly short but I believe this screenshot was really great. idk if that's puffpaint but I hope more people could chime in and give their 2 cents about the suit by just looking at this image.

Mary Jane To Die In Future Spidey Film?

Hey guys,
I was surfing the Web looking at tasm2 suit pics and i came across this image..
uploadfromtaptalk1409785503909.jpg If you look closely, spidey is holding a newspaper with a title "sex gave me cancer". This shows that Mary Jane could be dieing in a future film because, there is a storyline where Peter kills Mj with his radioactive sperm when they try to have a child. This may be a coincidence, but if Mary Jane dies in a future film I am either a physcic or a great detective. What do you guys think will happen?

Re: Mary Jane To Die In Future Spidey Film?

He's not holding a movie prop newspaper of 'The Daily Bugle' as known in the Spider-Man universe, that's an actual newspaper from an on-set candid photograph.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back