Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Latest Star Wars News... The release date of Episode 7: The Force Awakens has been moved up to May the 4th to coincide with Star Wars day to please the fans and to honor the release dates of the original trilogy releases which were all released in May. Rejoice my felllow Star Warsians! The time is coming sooner than we thought! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to reinforce the frame of the Deag so much as I want to add square tubing for one or two extra mounting points on mine. Not sure how that would work yet until I have the full kit. Also, not sure if that would work with the interior cargo hold area. I just want some more flexibility on being able to display it different ways and extra mounting points would allow that.

My question is... WHY? I can understand wanting to mount it differently but don't you think that once you mount it, that's the way it's gonna stay for a long time? Personally, I'm building a box to put mine in that will have a laser grid alarm system and a pressure plate so that if anyone even thinks of touching it, a little boxing glove will come from below and sock em in the nards!

Latest Star Wars News... The release date of Episode 7: The Force Awakens has been moved up to May the 4th to coincide with Star Wars day to please the fans and to honor the release dates of the original trilogy releases which were all released in May. Rejoice my felllow Star Warsians! The time is coming sooner than we thought! :)
What date is it today?:lol
J

My future father in-law is building me a display case at his wood working shop. Kinda like a tower with a backing to support the in-flight option.. Still kicking around ideas

My future father in-law is building me a display case at his wood working shop. Kinda like a tower with a backing to support the in-flight option.. Still kicking around ideas

I'm thinking about making a coffee table type of setup with thick plexiglass windows and build a diorama of the Bespin platform in it. I thought that would be a very cool idea. But of course gotta incorperate the big boxing glove that punches people in the nards!

I'm thinking about making a coffee table type of setup with thick plexiglass windows and build a diorama of the Bespin platform in it. I thought that would be a very cool idea. But of course gotta incorperate the big boxing glove that punches people in the nards!

I was thinking a table too but set in the Hoth hangar. Maybe get a couple x-wing kits.. Have 1 side covered in carved foam the coveted and textured for snow and some bluish/white leds through out for sublet lighting

Placed my order yesterday and today got double billed. I thought they fixed that. Sent an email to customer service. How long did it take for the second money hold to come off for the rest of you?

One thing that has been bothering me a bit about this Falcon is that it is listing it's height as 7.5 inches. I'll have to go home and check, but I'm pretty sure the actual filming model and MR is around 6 inches tall. What made me start thinking about it is looking at the interior set photos. They look kinda tall. I know I'm probably over analyzing it, but I don't want to end up with sidewalls out of proportion or that look like one of the Revell models with giant sidewalls. I know the promotional photos look great, but are we really looking at the final product in those photos? I'm not ready to jump ship or anything, but wanted to see what others thought.

If you want it welded your best bet is to get it tig welded after you pre fit the body tighten the screws then remove the body weld then hope it doesn't warp on you best bet don't weld use blue lock tight on the screws this frame is going to be a beast and strong when its done
That's a very good point , I hadn't considered warping,

One thing that has been bothering me a bit about this Falcon is that it is listing it's height as 7.5 inches. I'll have to go home and check, but I'm pretty sure the actual filming model and MR is around 6 inches tall. What made me start thinking about it is looking at the interior set photos. They look kinda tall. I know I'm probably over analyzing it, but I don't want to end up with sidewalls out of proportion or that look like one of the Revell models with giant sidewalls. I know the promotional photos look great, but are we really looking at the final product in those photos? I'm not ready to jump ship or anything, but wanted to see what others thought.

the added landing gear probably adds that 1.5 inches... just a thought.

Jedi Dade

You're right... the original filming model is 6" inches tall... however, it also doesn't have the landing gear. So when you add the landing gear, it adds another 1.5" inches. So we're right on spec with the 7.5" inch height with this baby!

If your dead keen on getting it welded you'd want all the frame work to set up a proper jig for it to prevent it warping but I honestly think welding would be overkill and there would still be a possibility that the panels won't align. I reckon it's gonna be rock solid when it's all done. The most I'd do is use thread lock on the screws.

That's a very good point , I hadn't considered warping,
Ya it wouldnt be a good idea being aluminium if it was stainless ok but really I don't think its a good idea to weld or bond anything on this frame med strength locktight on the screws to stop them from backing out if you are worried about it but I think this baby will be more then strong enough as is

I personally would never weld this thing at all. The metal even thou its aluminum, would probably warp under any kind of heat (even spot welding) and that's when all kinds of fitting issues happen. If you are really that concerned about the strength of it, use the thread lock stuff and then reinforce with epoxy glue on the inside of the frame to hold things together tightly (would probably need to sand the surfaces you're gluing to allow the glue to bite). Personally, I'm not gonna mess with what works!

I just heard that on the news! and seen it announced online as well. good news for SW fans!

the added landing gear probably adds that 1.5 inches... just a thought.

Jedi Dade

You're right... the original filming model is 6" inches tall... however, it also doesn't have the landing gear. So when you add the landing gear, it adds another 1.5" inches. So we're right on spec with the 7.5" inch height with this baby!
That makes sense and I hope that is the case. Proportionally the landing gear would probably stick out another 1.5 inches. It's hard to know what they based their measurement off of though. With or without gear? I guess time will tell when we see some sidewall pieces and this bad boy starts taking shape.

What is the point of the interior anyway? It is completely off. There is no gunner stations under the guns (not that they would fit anyway). I couldn't imagine wanting to open this up to look at the interior at all.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back