Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

John, yeah it's hard to figure, looks like the ILM guys didn't really know how to glue them, if they should do parallel to the center line or to the mandible inner edges. They went for a mix of both haha It looks like that place was rushed, looked at the 222/223 parts... one is glued between the 2 Tee/rods, the others is coloser to the inner edge and have been trimmed to goes under the Tee.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/monsieurtox/Divers/mf2_zpse3a31ade.jpg

I'm wondering if they are going to reproduce that !

.....Ha,......ANOTHER HQ photo I've never seen before!!

Yeah well I suppose they thought no-ones gonna notice....the 5 footer gets the photo-calls......

...but yes it would be interesting to see how DeAgostini handle the boxes & those 222/223 bits

What did MR do with the 222/223 parts

My FineMolds looks a bit similar now that I moved the mandibles...(please excuse the dust....disgusting)

FMmandibles_zpsb82a3583.jpg

J

Here is mine (crappy pic) but shows MR was trying to get it right

View attachment 427443

Wow, it looks like they have....and your f1 boxes non't look too bad either......hmmm.....unless some MR's had that squint during assembly

......but the main thing,.....the DeAgostini,......their part will be there for building so I guess it'll be down to the builder how they position the F1 boxes....& possibly the 222/223 pieces
so again, pretty positive

J

The more i read and see about this, the releived i am im not going for it. Ive bought the first 3 issues for the gun and cockpit to use for my BMF Hasbro. Ok, you will get a very good replica for around £900 but im spending time transforming something from a toy into a prop and id wager good money that some peoples BMF will blow this out of the water. Im glad that some people are getting what they want in this, without having to spend the $7000 going rate for the MR.

Heck, i just wish they had gone with something smaller as a test run. An X wing is just as iconic as the falcon, and man-if this had been the AT-AT id have been all over it :)

Good luck to all who are starting out with this :)

I'm hoping this will be released soon in Australia as I would love to get a couple of extra issues just for the guns for my own BMF conversion.

The more i read and see about this, the releived i am im not going for it. Ive bought the first 3 issues for the gun and cockpit to use for my BMF Hasbro. Ok, you will get a very good replica for around £900 but im spending time transforming something from a toy into a prop and id wager good money that some peoples BMF will blow this out of the water. Im glad that some people are getting what they want in this, without having to spend the $7000 going rate for the MR.

Heck, i just wish they had gone with something smaller as a test run. An X wing is just as iconic as the falcon, and man-if this had been the AT-AT id have been all over it :)

Good luck to all who are starting out with this :)

I'm guessing this is just the beginning.

I think Deagostini will do many more of these Star Wars magazine models.

I also think EFX or someone will offer more official Studio Scale Replicas. I know some think it will never happen again but I bet a S.S. Falcon is in the pipeline along with many others.

And of course we have Hasbro and all the others.

As crazy as Star Wars collecting/merchandising has gotten,.................. it has only just begun. Prepare yourselves.

just a question.. how much does it cost buy all the kits and build your own falcon?

Deagostini will be around $1,500 in the U.S. total. Maybe a little more.

The New Hasbro:

The resin kit is unknown but I am guessing $150.

All the other parts, so far, not included parts in the resin kit off Shapeways are about $500 and much more is coming.

Engine vents from Starshipmodeler is not known yet but I am guessing $100.

So you're gonna be able to put $1k into a new Hasbro BMF pretty easy but your going to end up with a MR or darn near model.

Also General Frosty will be offering painting for those that are painting challenged.

The nice thing about the Hasbro is it's pretty nice right out of the box with just a few add ons and mods. For $100 and some paint practice you can have a pretty sweet piece.

You can go as crazy or not as you want.

Deagostini will be around $1,500 in the U.S. total. Maybe a little more.

The New Hasbro:

The resin kit is unknown but I am guessing $150.

All the other parts, so far, not included parts in the resin kit off Shapeways are about $500 and much more is coming.

Engine vents from Starshipmodeler is not known yet but I am guessing $100.

So you're gonna be able to put $1k into a new Hasbro BMF pretty easy but your going to end up with a MR or darn near model.

Also General Frosty will be offering painting for those that are painting challenged.

The nice thing about the Hasbro is it's pretty nice right out of the box with just a few add ons and mods. For $100 and some paint practice you can have a pretty sweet piece.

You can go as crazy or not as you want.

Don´t forget lighting and mounting and interiors, I guess this would add another 300 US-$, at least.

Sorry guys, I'll rephrase my question: how much does it cost to get all the original kits from the 70's or at least a cast of them and build a 100% screen-accurate falcon?

Well taking in account that one of the kit used on the Falcon costs about $1000, you would be able to get all the kits for something between $3000 and $5000, hard to tell a price, it also depends on the time you are ready to spend to finds all the kits at a good price. Dont forget the material (styrene, putty, whatever you use to make the plugs if you're going the vacformed way, glue, electronic, all the plastruct bits, rods and tees, etc...).

Don´t forget lighting and mounting and interiors, I guess this would add another 300 US-$, at least.

download2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So figure:

$500 for Shapweways

$150 for resin kit. Total Guess

$100 for vents. Again a guess

$300 for lighting, structure, misc

Several hundred for coming Shapeways.

Yep, we are over a grand easy.

Still totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well im trying to make a point here..
whatever i read about this falcon is
moaning

moaning and

moaning

i Think we should be a little bit more open mind ... and dont see the £900 as a bad thing .. i just spent a lot more on a screen used prop.. and i spent more money on my Vintage star wars collection .. .

so ill pay £900 and a bit more to make this falcon more accurate .- But still the closest thing to the real deal and cheap .- Happy times for me.

ill subscribe next week, :)

i Think we should be a little bit more open mind ... and dont see the £900 as a bad thing .. i just spent a lot more on a screen used prop.. and i spent more money on my Vintage star wars collection .. .

Psssh, pictures or that post has no leverage ...

Well I'm not sure who is saying what about what. I may have missed part of the conversation so my apologies. Sometime it's hard seeing who is responding to what.

I'm just saying I can't wait to get my Deagostini Falcon as it is going to be epic and I also can't wait to get all the upgrade parts for my new Hasbro as it will be epic as well,

and I am still hoping to get another MR down the line.

Good times to be a Star Wars fan, bad time to be a broke Star Wars fan but I am still hoping things will turn around.

Love the idea of this but the cost is meh but interior, lit etc is a nice touch. I have the BMF $30 bucks. Grabbed a loose parted legacy falcon on eBay a few hours ago for $18 bucks.. So far I'm only $48 in. Can't say I'm off to a bad start. Imy goal is to keep this under $300 for a very nice Falcon replica.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back